The best wax out there?

i use plexus on the bike...its not the best but does a damn good job making her shine....doesnt last aslong as say, your premium stuff, but its a lot easier/faster to use..

Meguiar's NXT 2.0 works really well. Quick and easy apply/remove polymer, leaves a nice wet look.

I also like Zaino, leaves a nice rich deep shine.

Zaino Store

nxt.jpg

z-2.jpg

z-3.jpg

Pledge furniture polish. Your bike will look like this.:thumbsup: The best part is, it only takes me about 10 minutes tops to do the whole bike.
4520721519_0381767fc8_b.jpg

Use it on the wheels, too.
4520723629_5ac1264468_b.jpg

Last edited:
i use plexus on the bike...its not the best but does a damn good job making her shine....doesnt last aslong as say, your premium stuff, but its a lot easier/faster to use..

+1 on the plexus. It good for paint, chrome, wheel's, windscreen's, face sheild's. I think the only thing you can't use it on is food.

i love the nxt meguiars. i have been using it for years although i just reverted back to mothers carnuba that i had sitting in the garage for a while and the results look really good.

Don't like pastes waxes as these seem to lend themselves to scratching the paint around nook and crannies where you have to work extra hard to wipe all the paste away. Like the spray on's real well for just that fact. Doesn't seem like you get the protection you get from a paste, though. Interesting topic, good thread...:thumbsup: :beerchug:

Not to thread jack but, hey sleeper, what kind of chain lube do you use? With all the miles you put on your bike, I can't believe the 'new look' you're able to maintain on your drive assembly. Very good!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

do any of you guys use different wax for the metal tank vs. the plastic fairings?

I used to use a wax that worked great on the tank but the results on the fairings was a little less. Just curious...

I've used plexus, liked it for a quicky. Anything meguiars makes is always good. I picked up some stuff new to me Maxima high gloss SC1, smells good, leaves a nice shine but it's a little tricky to prevent overspray, you typically have to wipe down surrounding areas. Once a year I wax with Meguiars (Gold Class), and then use plexus or might start using the SC1 the rest of the time.

There is a product called dri wash, its a no water wash. Its an amazing but expensive product. Ive used it on the jet i used to detail. This stuff takes bugs off with very minimal effort. It has waxes and everything else in it.

zaino...used it on the challlenger...the old busa, the new busa...the REALLY old harley...Anybody ever claybar their ride before waxing?

Back