The B-King is dead. Already?

I really would like to ride one just to see what the appeal is. All I've really got to go on is what I've read/heard about it. I could however,see the seating position as being comfortable.:beerchug: I'm with the guy above though...I think if suzuki would have priced it lower , that it would have been alot better seller than it was. Most people dont want to pay top dollar to try something "different" and that , I believe was was of its major downfalls. Well...that and its looks,lol. :poke:

Yes price was a big issue, but the dealership that I bought it from gave it to me for close to cost because they AREN'T selling them and didn't think too many more BKing buyers would be coming along.

I will agree with most, STOCK its one ugly bike. But (once I find my camera, its either in my garage or in my closet) I'll post up what it CAN look like.

Suzuki shouldn't have expected people to pay the high price for the US market. I think its like the Yamaha WR250XX Supermotard. For $7k I can't justify buying a small motor dirt bike, even though I love the bike.

I have to agree 100%, to really appreciate this bike you have to ride it.

The price is way out of the market, but almost all dealers are dealing on them big time, it is a very comfy bike, I should know with some bad back problems there is certain bike's I just cant ride.

Yes the passenger seat sucks bad, good thing my wife has her own bike or I would be in trouble, she did not like it one bit that she had to climb on the bike just to get on the rear seat, I call it my big ass dirt bike:laugh:

I would think a bike like the B-King would be popular in Europe.

Last edited:
Yes price was a big issue, but the dealership that I bought it from gave it to me for close to cost because they AREN'T selling them and didn't think too many more BKing buyers would be coming along.

I will agree with most, STOCK its one ugly bike. But (once I find my camera, its either in my garage or in my closet) I'll post up what it CAN look like.

Suzuki shouldn't have expected people to pay the high price for the US market. I think its like the Yamaha WR250XX Supermotard. For $7k I can't justify buying a small motor dirt bike, even though I love the bike.

here's some pictures of my brothers...last pics most recent. I like the way they look and ride:thumbsup:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/welcome-b-king-members/95244-krazy-korean-boost-king-intro.html

Its funny reading through some of these posts.....you have people saying that they never have, nor want to ride one, but yet saying that they handle like ****. How do you know, youve never rode one?????

I have a Gen 1 turbo Busa, an 06 1k, and a recently purchased B King. I can tell you that the B King is amazingly nimble, ecspecially for its weight. It makes a gen 1 Busa feel dated.

I have never rode an upright seated bike before, but this ***** is comfortable for sure.

Looks wise, not for everyone for sure. That being said, a real rider would never say I dont want to ride one. I would be happy to throw my leg over any bike to try out at least once to see what its all about. Switch the exhaust, mine came swapped out, and it cleans it up alot.

I doubt I would have this as my only bike, but for the price I paid, Im more than happy to add it to my stable.

Dont bash what you dont know!!:beerchug:

No Thanks :laugh:

Wrong riding position for the twisties...the Busa already has too much weight and power for a ideal canyon carver...

The B King to me is a over weight ugly pig that turns worse than a Busa :banghead:

thats my opinion

I've ridden both a busa and b-king...quite a bit on each. Aside from the sitting postion (not too different from having helibars and buell pegs on a busa) the b king feels identical to a busa. They handle the same and the weight diffence is barely noticable.:thumbsup:

B-King is dead only in the U.S., at least for '09. Still being sold abroad...white available this year.

BTW, there's a new B-King on eBay right now at a dealer in TX for $8,999. Can't go wrong at that price.

B-King is dead only in the U.S., at least for '09. Still being sold abroad...white available this year.

BTW, there's a new B-King on eBay right now at a dealer in TX for $8,999. Can't go wrong at that price.

Oh wow, if you ever wanted a TRANSFORMERS bike, get the white one.

I'm not a fan of that color with all the black parts on the bike, but in general I like white bikes.

Yes for all those that say it rides like poop, I implore you to take a test ride before you settle on your final opinion.

I can't do anything about the looks, either you're okay with them or not, but you NEED to ride one.

Like I said earlier, I've love to...unfortunately, with the short run of them, I'll probably never have a chance. :(

Like I said earlier, I've love to...unfortunately, with the short run of them, I'll probably never have a chance. :(
I'd love to as well, and I'm sure I'd enjoy the h*ll out of it :laugh: Its too bad they had to make it so radical looking, because under the strange plastic and battleship exhausts there beats the heart of a busa :thumbsup: And a comfy, relaxed riding position busa could be a very good thing in my book :beerchug:

Why are the exhausts an issue at all? How many Busa owners have the stock exhausts still on their bike?

And for you guys a little bit older that still like to go fast...you'll like the standard riding position the 'B' provides. I promise. :laugh:

they missed the era. I think it would have had better results if it came out in 2003 with the supercharger. The bike is still very popular in Europe but sales in the US are way to low.

I feel they waited too long for release. ( when was it first at the Tokyo show, like 2000 or 2001 ? ) There was alot of hype about the King for several years ... and redesign after redesign. By the time it finally showed up in U.S. showrooms, the Naked Bike had already seen it's prime and gone. :(

They must really be having a hard time moving these things...I saw one in a motorcycle trader today, brand new at the dealership for $8699. Arent they suppossed to list for like $13k or something?? All I can say is wow! For that price brand new, it'd probably be worth trying it out if someone was thinking of getting one but wasnt sure.....

If it's being discontinued, it's a real shame, because it's a superb bike. I have an 08 Busa, and my dealer (Streetbike Halesowen) kindly lent me one while the Busa was in for its 4000 mile service. If anything, it felt quicker than the Busa low down, and I was glad to have to give it back at the end of the day - phenomenal fun that would probably have ended in tears... Absolutely fantastic bike!

R.I.P. B-King. It was nice knowing you. :laugh:

ripbking.jpg

Back