The B-King is dead. Already?

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Maybe a repost but latest issue of Sport Rider has a section on the 09 bikes.

At the end of the article it lists several discontinued bikes.

One of them is the B-King.

r8

The one my local dealer got when they came out is still sitting in the showroom. Buried in the back now though ???
Its also going to be a pain to get B-King specific parts for down the road. Bikes with extremly limited runs can be very hard to shop for.

Do you think the value will go up? Or do you think the bottom will fall out of them? I think i am going to trade mine for a 2009 busa, My local dealer said he would trade for around 3,000 differance and my B-King has got a little over 8,000 miles on it, Does that sound like a pretty good deal to yall? I thought it sounded like a pretty fair deal, somebody else tell me what you think.

I feel they waited too long for release. ( when was it first at the Tokyo show, like 2000 or 2001 ? ) There was alot of hype about the King for several years ... and redesign after redesign. By the time it finally showed up in U.S. showrooms, the Naked Bike had already seen it's prime and gone. :(

I saw that the 09 model wasn't listed on the Suzuki Site several months ago, when all the other "new bikes" came out. I knew then that it wasn't coming out again, sped up my purchase process.

Happy I bought one.

I don't know what "parts" people think will be hard to find. Plastics? Okay maybe, but the motor is the same as the Gen II Busa, so anything that you need is still available.

If you need big parts that are only the B King, frame, swingarm, bodywork, chances are you've totaled the bike anyway, and with any limited production vehicle, you probably aren't able to fix it.

I'm thinking about buying another one, just to keep in the garage, in case I ever go down on this one.

I never thought that it should have been built...ugly and over priced.

i like the looks myself w/ the exception of those pipes. who knows, it might be worth big money someday.

I never thought that it should have been built...ugly and over priced.

I paid under $12k OTD with CA Tax and License so I think its roughly the same as the cost of a BUSA

i like the looks myself w/ the exception of those pipes. who knows, it might be worth big money someday.

I fixed the pipes. I have 2 more mods to do and then (if I find my camera) I'll post up everything. But YES, pipes make it a different bike.

But it's not a Busa...not even close :lol:

I'll give you that. Its definitely different. If you haven't ridden one I would highly recommend it.

It rides upright like a dirtbike, but still has all the BUSA power (170hp on the dyno at LCR) and after a couple years, very few will know what it is at all.

:thumbsup: I couldn't be happier with the bike, now if only I didn't work from sun up to sun down I could ride it more :banghead: Sleep or ride, tough decision sometimes.

I'll give you that. Its definitely different. If you haven't ridden one I would highly recommend it.
No Thanks :laugh:

It rides upright like a dirt bike, but still has all the BUSA power...

Wrong riding position for the twisties...the Busa already has too much weight and power for a ideal canyon carver...

The B King to me is a over weight ugly pig that turns worse than a Busa :banghead:

Back