the 05 LE is mine! (kinda long)

CMEPASU

Registered
Hi, just letting you know that I picked up an 05 LE Saturday.  It's kind of funny how it happened.  My brother and I went to a dealership in North Las Vegas just to look at the LE and a red/black model.  We were just basically wasting time since I called before I went up there and the salesman quoted me $11,300 PLUS tax, doc, freight, assembly, and title fees for the LE.  
 Anyway, while we're there we get approached by a sales manager as we look at the busas.  The guy asks if i'm interested and I tell him that I don't want to waste his time or mine because i've already been quoted a price by one of his salesmen that was much higher than other dealerships I checked into.  He tells me that it's no waste and if I give him a price he'll run it by "THE" sales manager.  I tell him about the two dealerships in Wisconsin that quoted me $9600 out the door.  I tell him that if he can match it I'll buy.  
 I speak to another guy who's looking at a busa while I wait for the manager.  This guy is on the verge too and just needs a little reassurance.  A few minutes pass and the manager returns and says he can do $9600 plus tax (of course) $300 in documentation fees, and $28 in title fees.  I told him that I understood the $28 title fee but that I wasn't going to pay the $300 doc fee.  I told him that if he could do that minus the doc fee then we had a deal.  He disappears for a couple minutes and comes back and says that we have a deal.  I was shocked.  Remember I was quoted $11,300 plus all of the exorbitant add on fees, and with no effort at all got it for $9600.    The best part came when he asked me if I wanted to ride it home. (Here's where the busa grin started)  I borrowed a helmet from the finance guy and looked like a total squid on the ride home.  I was in shorts, tennis shoes, and a t-shirt.
 It gets better though.  As I looked the bike over for flaws before I left the dealership, I saw a big 6-inch scratch on the left exhaust pipe.  I pointed this out to the service manager and he asked me if I planned on getting an aftermarket exhaust.  I quickly summed up the situation, put on my poker face (I do live in Vegas after all) and said that I hadn't really thought about it.  Another service guy had quoted me a little over $900 for a 4-2-1 Yosh exhaust and said that they would apply the cost of a new stock muffler ($425) towards that if that's what I wanted to do.  So not only do I get a great deal on the busa, I'm getting roughly half off on an exhaust system.
 First thing I did when I got her home was take off the warning stickers.  It's great to be back in the busa fold.  I had an 03 silver/grey that I sold for reasons unknown.  Pics are soon to follow. Remember the guy that I mentioned earlier that was on the fence about buying a busa? Well, after seeing mine being prepped for sale I talked him into trading in his cruiser (not sure what kind) and getting the busa. As I was leaving his LE was being prepped as well AND the sales manager gave me a $50 referral fee for my part in the sale. I told the new busa owner about hayabusa.org as well. A very good day for all involved.

Later

<!--EDIT|Outlaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127637756 -->

Hey man, I was riding today when you called and I didn't hear it. Didn't see it until later and was kinda busy this evening with company.
wink.gif
Sounds like a good price on the LE. Now post the pics up dammit... No slacking on pics on this board.
rock.gif

Congrats mate
beerchug.gif
...have good time on the bike, and keep the rubber side down

...lets see some pictures now
biggrin.gif

Yesterday must have just been your day!
biggrin.gif
Congrats on the LE, the new exhaust (when you get it) and the persuasion of the cruiser guy. Now your job is to post up pics here. I was at the dealership yesterday and saw my first LE in person. BT posted up about that a week or so ago and now I can put a check in that box. The bike does look tremendous in person!

Congrats. Glad you stood your ground and talked the dealer down. I've heard of several who pay around $12K, which is pretty nuts. Good going on the pipe deal too!
biggrin.gif

Sorry about the pics, work got in the way today so they won't be up until tomorrow. Did I mention that on top of everything else that it didn't rain yesterday?
smile.gif

Thanks for the replies

Later

congrats. that is a awesome deal, I know someone that paid 12,200.00
otd for his 05LE from the same dealership.

Congrats, that's a good deal. My bike purchase was similar in some respects. The dealership that I knew had an 05 blue/silver (the color I wanted) was about 3.5 hours away and they were asking 10900 for it. Instead of wasting my time driving down there just to get rejected on my offer I decided to call and speak with one of the salesmen to see if they would work with me. After going back and forth on the phone for a while, I ended up doing an over the phone deposit of 100 dollars with a price of 9850. I was shocked, but very excited.

Back