Textile or Mesh?

Leather w/armor is the ONLY choice
super.gif

sold my leather for an ICON textile didnt wear it when it was hot so it was doing me no good the textile should be way cooler so Im already 2 up on most of the riders around here (no helmet or gear of any kind) and never wear shorts on the bike either

(BusaBill @ Mar. 10 2007,12:08) I have a basic idea of what the difference just by reading the descriptions but as far as protective quality, what are the pros and cons?

I wanted leather but with the heat and humidity here in the summer, I know I won't wear it and it won't do me any good hangin' in the closet. I hope one of these will be better than nothin'.

Was thinkin' about this one...
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.as....ision=1
Joe Rocket Alter Ego, Textile, Mesh, and rain all in one.
wink.gif

I have heard numerous people say bad things about Icon quality and protection, seems they're more of an "image" company than practical?

On a personal first-hand observation, buddy (USN05LE) has a pair of Icon Merc gloves I noticed today are falling apart after a few thousand miles, and that's just riding not crashing! My mesh/leather Joe Rocket gloves are in better shape and I bought them last June and wear them exclusively.

Someone on here has a Joe Rocket mesh identical to mine they went down with and still wear! The exception I'm sure, but they have good impact protection and you can wear them in any weather you can stand to wear a t-shirt, the wind blows right through them!

Perforated boots I've discovered are a Godsend in hot weather, imagine cool feet when you're hot- makes a world of difference!

(Shibumi @ Mar. 11 2007,19:39) I have heard numerous people say bad things about Icon quality and protection, seems they're more of an "image" company than practical?
well you know that I have to look good on my way down
poke.gif
jump9.gif

If you are going with the mesh.

Buy yourself an ICON chest & back protector to wear under it.

70 bucks to save your torso is a steal.

All your gear all the time is the only sane thing .

ANYTHING beats what I saw some of the morons (and thats a NICE way of expressing it) were wearing this weekend. I saw a guy in shorts, a wife beater tank top, and Tevas riding his R1.

Hopefully I'll catch up to him shortly after he dumps it and becomes a greasy spot - then I can sell his R1 and get some goodies for my bike.
beerchug.gif

My mesh jacket has armor in it and heavier reinforcements in certain areas, and you cant tell your wearing it when its so hot, If your like me you will have three or four jackets before your through anyway

Back