Summer Riding Jacket/Mesh any good?

Mesh works great. when in South Florida I use the mesh which is very strong. Most of the time in New England I use the perf leather.

(Ninja Eater @ Jan. 06 2007,06:59) Mesh works great.  when in South Florida I use the mesh which is very strong.  Most of the time in New England I use the perf leather.
for airflow and coolness yes...but other that that?...i'd take serious issue with the statement in regards to "Mesh Being Strong"....as it may be tear resistant but...in real life go downs?...reality?...their "Abrasion Resistance" sux...at 40mph they'll burn through in less than 10 feet of body surf'in...they also have a nasty tendancy of "Snagging On The Pavement" and sleeves and/or torso section of the jackets "rolling up" on body parts...and more times than not?..leaving your forearms, back and/or belly exposed...no matter how taunt you get the typical velcro adjustment straps..(VS. Leather Bound Zippers)...so to me?...from what i've seen and experienced?...they are a "Road Rash Special"..a lesson to be learned...looking for a place to happen...do they have their place?...yes..but only on the hottest of days on the slowest and most casual of rides.

again..jmho and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

The Icon TiMax2 has fasteners in the sleeves and on the waist to attach them to your gloves and pants to help prevent roll up. I do not know how well they work and hope I never find out, but they are there.

From what I gather some like mesh and some dont, but I feel we can all agree it is better than a t-shirt and as cool.

Back