Warm weather leather

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I'm using a Joe Rocket Ballistic canvas-type armor mesh jacket now... but I'm really wanting a good warm weather leather jacket to wear that'll help stop the whole wind factor at higher speeds (because i'm a straightliner). Any thoughts? What's a good leather (second skin) jacket to use in warm/hot weather?

Thanks.

PS: It needs to look cool, too... and match a 'nearly' all black busa....

I just bought the AGV Pilot Jacket and Pants. Vented and so far they are GREAT ! Although I've now only had them on in 85 F weather, but I can wait for the up coming 100 F + days (last year we had 43 straight days above 100 F  
sad.gif
 ) !

Atlanta heat isn't quite desert heat, so if you were feeling groovy at 85 then it seems like a good jacket.

But... I guess the real test is when you come to a stop... sitting in traffic...

I appreciate your suggestion. Thanks.

(some here should be proud of me for actually asking about protection/gear... because when i first joined the org a year ago i didn't wear anything but a helmet)

After I get a good leather jacket that's good in hot weather I'll look into getting some riding jeans... because my legs are still unprotected in Levis.

Alpinestars Stage perforated- after a similar quest a few months ago...
smile.gif

And yes, I for one am very proud of you!
laugh.gif

Try ballistic nylon in the pants, there are models that are MUCH cooler than jeans to wear!

STAGEJACKETBlack.jpg

That is a nice jacket... and is one I'm willing to wear!! Thanks alot!!!

Is that it? Or are there more jackets out there for me to wear?

I'm asking, still, because I seriously wanna be protected and still be in leather and still be protected from the wind..... and look cool!!

Thanks for the suggestions.... I truly DO appreciate it all!!!!!!!

that's a dope jacket.

i might be in that this coming week!

thank you!!!

I still WANT MORE REPLIES ABOUT LEATHER, THOUGH..........

I had it narrowed down to the Stage and the Joe Rocket for perforated leather- the two or three others I saw were $500+.
SHOCKED.gif

You've REALLY got to get something on your ass though- and jeans are much hotter than most ballistic nylon pants with padding built in.

One thing you should check out, is the Cortech HRX line-ask Jinkster about them, he swears by them. They are at bare minimum free-flow mesh with race quality leather on contact areas, but have liners to make them windproof or warmer or both! They look sharp as well... Google them and take a look!

P.S.- Do you sleep??
rock.gif

Pan, check out this thread.

The Vanson looks like a great deal.

Bill

I have the Joe Rocket Alter Ego. You get all season wear from it by unzipping the outter to reveal the inner mesh configuration. Plus you can zip in a Swamp Vest that cools you even more. I just wore the mesh in 87 degrees last week. As long as your moving it is very comfortable. It gets warm in traffic however. But instead of 3 jackets I have one that does three things pretty good now.

(PaNDeM1C @ Apr. 29 2007,22:30) Atlanta heat isn't quite desert  heat, so if you were feeling groovy at 85 then it seems like a good jacket.

But... I guess the real test is when you come to a stop... sitting in traffic...

I appreciate your suggestion. Thanks.

(some here should be proud of me for actually asking about protection/gear... because when i first joined the org a year ago i didn't wear anything but a helmet)

After I get a good leather jacket that's good in hot weather I'll look into getting some riding jeans... because my legs are still unprotected in Levis.
Let me be the first to tell YA ! Hot is Hot and stopped in the traffic (I don't care where) a leather outfit is  
firedevil.gif
. With the engine, sun and road heat, a stop is HOT ! So, no matter what anyone else tells you, ALL Leather Suits (Jackets and Pants) are HOT even if they're perforated. But, they are cool while your moving. I really don't do any BIG CITY riding, so my stop and goes are very short and since I mainly do hwy riding, stopping is only for gas or food  
race.gif

Back