Texas fender eliminator

OB_cbxchris

Registered
I have ordered one of the rear fender eliminators from Texas fairings...will let you know how it looks and fits...anyone else tried one?

i ordered one about 6 weeks ago from them guys. i have been getting the runaround from them for about 3 weeks. i suppose to get it friday, but that is there 3 or 4 time they said that. they keep blaming UPS. i'll let you know if i get it this weekend. good luck!

Turbo1300, could you tell me the web site/phone/address of the people who make the Texas fender eliminator kit? How much is it? Why did you choose it over others (assuming others are available)?

just received my fender eliminator and the paint matches up well. i'll take some pictures of it when it is on in a couple of weeks and post them.

Maniac, check out the "Jamie Sex Change video " at cyberjosie.com it finally answers a lot of questions. Even ones you never wanted to know.

Dude/Dyke, Jamie/Jamee, Fitch/Bitch, it's all a Kaw/Cow thing from the looks and sounds of it.

Just my penny of a thought!

I was wanting to order one of these also. From the picture it looks as if you have to drill holes in the rear plastic and rivit the TX Fairing piece to the plastic. How does this look after it's done??? What about the tail light kit? How easy was that to put on. Is there a tag light anymore??? Put up you picture please. A friend has a R1 kit that looks killer, hoping for the same results here too!!!

I talked to Jon at TF today on my lunch hr. and informed him no one was picking up the phone, he said they were there but phone haven't been ringing, so he is checking w/phone co. also they have about 15 hayabusa tail and break light kits just sitting there waiting on two little screws! :( I told him to ship mine without the screws because I'm going to replace the stainless steel screws with black.. So they are shipping mine today. :)
The thread specs on that screw is 10/24 about 1/2" long for all you people who don't want to wait! Call them and tell'em to ship without the screws!!

Sabor

[This message has been edited by Sabor (edited 20 August 1999).]

I have ordered the tail kit and rear fender eliminator from them last week but am unable to get ahold of them. They are not picking up the phone!! Strange they already billed my credit card.. Jon at Texas Fairing said they use stock holes in plastic where push/pin connectors curently are.. It comes with stainless steel screws but I will be using black when I get mine..

Sabor

Sabor,
I've been having trouble getting in touch with TX Fairing also. Their phones were busy almost all day and then finally at about 4PM I finally got through. I will check into the stock holes thing. Do you know if there is a tag light when this is all done?
Thanks

[This message has been edited by boomer (edited 20 August 1999).]

Jon told me that the fairing raps around over the tag light to eliminate it! I like that idea personally! I have a very good pic. I got from them give me your e-mail address & I'll send it to you, you can see a good deal of the fit from the pic.

Sabor

As far as I can tell from talking w/JON and seeing on the picture they go into the holes where thoes push-in snap things that hold the rear cowl to the fender are. A very visual area that I would rather have all black..

Sabor

Back