Test rode a new bmw s1000rr

I realize it's not the same bike, but did you take a look at the K1300? For the type of bike we ride, it may be even more impressive than the s1000r.

I'm glad to see people are supporting my "fanboyish" rant on BMW. I just find it disgusting when people are so "pro brand name" that they can't call it like it is. To say BMW is a long list of terrible bikes is just childish.

To stay on topic; Why would it matter what the guy looks like on the bike? If it feels good it's good!

I'm 5' 11" at 195lbs. I sat on a 2012 s1000rr and it felt like a perfect fit. Side note; the san antonio dealer had unpacked a competition series hp4 4 hours before I had arrived, didn't even mean for that to line up.

.... Back to the height thing, I'm 6'4" and felt a little too tall for the bike but when I rode, it fit like a glove! Check out the pics, you be the judge....

I like the bike alot so I'm not hating on the beemer but as far as the "look" of the big man on the bike....
I don't think you look good on the bike since you asked. I can't believe it has not been said but the phrase "A monkey phucking a football" comes to mind.

I am not saying don't buy it, if your feeling it then go get it. Life is too short to regret not having the toys you want.

Never too big to be a kid!!! Get on that BMW and GO!!!

I was admiring one at the last bike show and must say....impressed!!! Still love my busa though:sigh::

I've owned 2 Busa's and am currently on my 3rd K-Bike. You clearly don't have a clue...

meh...if im going for something outside Japanese bikes id buy the RSV4 or 1199... im not taking anything from the bike but id never liked the company...but to each his own...and not for nothing but if you look at there motorcycle history everything they brought to the table failed miserably..funny thing is they Finally produced a winner:whistle: to bad they had to copy japanese technology to achieve it... good luck with your choice...

And since everyone wants a good laugh...a friend sent me this pic of a guy on a s1k...I think he's 6'6" or 6'7"....enjoy :lol:

Exactly why I bought the Busa.

At 6'4" and 245 lbs you should have seen me at the MSF course on the tiny Buelll Blasts. Felt like a clown in a circus. Doot doot dooody do do do doot doo doo.

Ill keep it short. I think your too big on that bike and if your ever planning on adding tour gear I think it would be very awkward. I may be wrong but it's just my 2 cents.

The truth is that you are being totally opinionated and blind. I don't want to buy a BMW, but I appreciate the legend. BMW's ideas and drive will produce a better 3rd generation Hayabusa. Does that at least do something for you?

They build the best sportbike 1st try and you shrug and go, "psh, something I saw/heard that was negative is what I remember."

I can't change your beliefs but I'd slap some sense into you if I heard you in person.

ok internet tough guy..dont sing it bring it..sounds like you need that slap of sence.. and yes they did make a great bike first time.....but.....japanese technology to achieve it...

BMW's ideas and drive will produce a better 3rd generation :rofl:really??

first off im not brand loyal ...and who do you think started with all the electronics that you and so many others think a bike that does not have is out dated and garbage and must be delt with sturnly.. any clue?

Bmw's line of gs bike was no flop, 30 years strong.:thumbsup:

K series bikes rocked

The new 1600 gt's are incredible

The s1000rr is dominating its class 3 years running

Sales are history high

90 year celebration this year

Yep sounds like they are horrible

it sure does:banghead:

BMW's ideas and drive will produce a better 3rd generation :rofl:really??

first off im not brand loyal ...and who do you think started with all the electronics that you and so many others think a bike that does not have is out dated and garbage and must be delt with sturnly.. any clue?

Go ask your Mom which company was the first to produce factory ABS on a bike :rofl:

ABS: the solution to a problem that never existed on a motorcycle....:whistle:

I love abs, had it on my last 5 bikes. I agree it does nothing for drag racing, and the road courses, but if you ride in all 4 seasons it has saved my but a few times, back in January I rode home in a ice storm, hit the brakes at a stop sign,slide into a intersection but kept bike upright, when I would have applied my brakes with no abs I feel confident in saying I would have been on my ass, bike and all.

I also ride in a lot of rain, when others stay home, I get the bike out, if I say I'm riding Sunday to the guys, come rain or shine, cold or heat, I'm riding. Do I think abs is the "save all", no, but in a panic situation or on oil, ice or what have you, anything to keep me upright is ok in my book.

When I rode Trey's bike two weekends ago, i was reallllly impressed by the ABS. Coming into turn 5 at Barber, I am gripping my brakes so hard I think I'm gonna pull the lever off on my gixxer; it took much less pressure and the bike slowed waay faster - the ABS was kicking in and i could feel it twitch...but man that bike slowed FAST! :bowdown:

I also ride in a lot of rain, when others stay home, I get the bike out, if I say I'm riding Sunday to the guys, come rain or shine, cold or heat, I'm riding. Do I think abs is the "save all", no, but in a panic situation or on oil, ice or what have you, anything to keep me upright is ok in my book.

Exactly.....

Back