bmw s1000rr

Here a couple of pictures from my buddy George working on alpha racing bike.

ForumRunner_20140109_155914.png

ForumRunner_20140109_155923.png

ForumRunner_20140109_155932.png

I dunno, the 14 superduke 1290R looks like it'll be a bruiser. 180 hp, 108 tq, ~400 lbs dry. with killer traction control and ABS to boot. looks fairly comfy too.

I rode DJ's S100RR, amazing bike! All I can say is if I had the $$ there would be one in my garage right beside my Busa.

When I rode an unrestricted S1000RR, I'll tell ya, I fell in love with the thing. It is absolutely the most brutal bike I have ever been on in my life. It flicks around like a 600cc, other than the wheelie control (which, thank God for that the first time I got on it), it has no real sense of restricting its own power. It was by a long, long shot, purely a race bike with number plates on it. I will end up purchasing one. By far and a long way one of the most magnificent machines I've ever had the pleasure of being on.

I still haven't gotten over Trey Young asking me to take his out and scrub the tires off for him :bowdown:

Ive considered the bmw and the 14 along with a new g2 and to be honest from a total teck tard point of view the bmw is pound for pound the best in all categories. hp around 195 at the wheel stock i think. nearly 100lbs lighter than the bus. not sure on the exacts on that....and the tech is way better. Now I love the look on the new 14.. Dont shoot me. Its like if you own a pug. Its a damn ugly dog but its yours and its so ugly it gets cute.... no offense to pug owners...lol... But its not as friendly to wrench on the motor as the busa as i understand it... no personal knowledge. The g2 seems to have so much bottled up potential though. i mean. just by degree the cams and a thin base gasket and a good tune will blow past a 14 in power. so........of course i could be completely wrong

Just went to a bike show and looked at the bmw up close for the second time.its a beautiful bike but it is very small.for most average size men it would look a little silly.the technology is amazing too.but i dont think its an eye catcher like the busa styling.
the busa always stands out.and its way more comfortable.
also i did not care for the gauge cluster or dash whatever.i like how the busa looks good and symmetrical behind the wheel or bars. the bmw looks thrown together behind the wheel.
I agree--after you've ridden the 'Busa, pretty much everything else (except the ZX-14) feels too small.

Back