Test rode a new bmw s1000rr

Pbadasay

Registered
So it was about 45 degrees here in Indy yesterday and I've been trying to get feedback from fellow owners on their s1k and have gotten a wide variety of answers. I'm 6'4" so looking normal on that bike was a necessity as I've seen tall guys make bikes look like scooters when they're riding them lol I know what the bike is capable of doing and how advanced the electronics on this thing were but after coming back to the dealership from a test ride, I sat on the bike for a few minutes thinking how amazing this bike really is! First impressions when sitting on bike in showroom....VERY light compared to busa, taller than busa, shorter peg to seat distance, narrower stance....after getting it outside and walking around it in the sun, I notice only 1 mile on the odometer so I get a little nervous as that means brand new tires...ask the salesman about anything I should expect from my test ride...he said, rev limiter set at 8k (booooo), be careful on turns as tires aren't scrubbed in, try not to reach 8k as these are first miles on bike, and try to keep it under 10 miles of riding. First impressions as I rode....VERY light and responsive! Not much effort needed to turn, I felt like when I looked right, the bike went right, I look left and it went left...throttle was amazingly smooth! I didn't get full range of rpms as they were limited but I definitely had the "holy chit" factor when taking off from lights again...this bike is FAST! Never had issues with front end lifting up or anything! This bike is the king when it comes to overall ability! From turns to throttle to aerodynamics to suspension, its just amazing! This bike has definitely set the standards for the future of motorcycles! So much more I can write but just wanted to give a small write-up on it! Back to the height thing, I'm 6'4" and felt a little too tall for the bike but when I rode, it fit like a glove! Check out the pics, you be the judge....

Ohh yeah, WHY IN THE HE11 DO ALL BIKES NOT HAVE HEATED GRIPS AND QUICKSHIFTERS ON THEM?!?! I am definitely getting both on the busa if I don't sell it by the end of this month.....I hope the busa doesn't sell but if no one buys it, it's gone and I WILL buy a S1k!

One more thing, the salesman didn't even come out when I finished my test ride....I came back inside the showroom and he was sitting at his desk...I sat in the chair and he says "I've answered all your questions before you rode, I know there isn't much else to say....your smile tells me that you sold yourself just like every other person who gets on it...this bike makes my job so easy...want me to get the paperwork ready?" Lmao

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

that red/black/white one is HOT! that bike looks a little too small for you tho bro. at 6'4 it just doesnt look like it wud be very comfortable for you more to ride more then a few miles. take the $15k ur were gonna spend on the BMW and by a Turbo kit....:poke:

I see ur back hurting sooner then later on that thing. dont get me wrong I love the new BMW's but im 6'0 215 lbs. and I sat on one over the summer and I said no way and ur much taller and heavier then me. it is sweet tho!

I too, am 6'4" and I have no issues with any of the sport bikes. Just a matter of adjusting to the riding positions.

The beamer is a great ride no doubt but if I were buying a new bike today and wanted ABS & Traction Control I think I'd buy a Kawi. The new ninja 1K has everything the beamer has and it's less $$$.

Its a great looking bike but I gotta agree with GNBRETT it looks a little small for you. Looks like your sitting on a pocket bike :laugh: I think that it might have been fun for the short time that you were able to ride it but I dont think you will be comfortable once the "newness" wears off

its a great bike but for the money are you gonna need what it does for your type of riding? You do look big on it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:^^^^^ IMHO looks like you're too big for that bike. But, not as much as the yank posted. Big bikes for big boys.

I am 6'+, 215lbs (need to lose 15), and the bike feels fine. I also immediately noticed the weight difference, and the turn-in is amazing. I am sure they had you in Sport, or maybe Race mode on your test ride. In either mode, the front will not come up without the electronics taking it back down. If you want to wheelie, you have to be in slick mode, or turn the electronics off. It wheelies just like the Busa, but around 5K RPM... Things I notice is the Busa is a big amazingly fast bike, and the S1000RR is a light amazingly fast bike. Being use to the Busa, still trying to get use to the higher revs of the BEAMER, and the shift assist is awesome... Rode with a guy today who was on an HP4. Had a great time

First of all, I appreciate everyone's feedback and I guess I was lying to myself about how I look...I will admit, when I was sitting on it, i tucked in well and my knees tucked in better on the s1k than stock busa (I did buell peg mod and now I tuck perfectly)
one important thing to mention, you guys are all a$$holes :laugh::laugh::laugh: luckily I have a open sense of humor and can handle the jokes, you guys are funny! Lankee killed me with the pictures :lol:

Things I notice is the Busa is a big amazingly fast bike, and the S1000RR is a light amazingly fast bike. Being use to the Busa, still trying to get use to the higher revs of the BEAMER, and the shift assist is awesome... Rode with a guy today who was on an HP4. Had a great time

I couldn't have said it better...I was almost scared to ride the s1k bc it was so light and responsive...I'm sure I'd get used to it though...compared to the busa which is SO easy to ride and control compared to the s1k which felt like id have to stay 100% focused to keep the Beemer in control. I'm definitely looking forward to riding with some fellow s1k owners! Already contacted Schnitz racing about a quickshifter and will get it installed and tuned once a good riding day comes around. Then ill be on the lookout for heated grips (ill post a new thread for everyone's feedback on brands/types)

?? You are talking about the technology on the bmw and nobody is disagreeing about that. However did you see the pic of him on the bike from the side? He's too damn big for that bike and if you are the same height your too damn big too :laugh: Everybody is in love with the BMW's , they are the new "it" bike and rightly so. But just because its a great bike doesn't mean its gonna be great for everybody :whistle: its kinda like with women that claim to be a certain dress size but have to fight and squeeze into when they really should be 2 sizes bigger. Do they fit it? Yes but the phrase 10lbs of chit in a 8lb bag gets mentioned more often than not

And since everyone wants a good laugh...a friend sent me this pic of a guy on a s1k...I think he's 6'6" or 6'7"....enjoy :lol:

image.jpg

I know what you mean, there is a reason I have owned 3 new ones:thumbsup:, they just kick ass.

I too, am 6'4" and I have no issues with any of the sport bikes. Just a matter of adjusting to the riding positions.

The beamer is a great ride no doubt but if I were buying a new bike today and wanted ABS & Traction Control I think I'd buy a Kawi. The new ninja 1K has everything the beamer has and it's less $$$.

No not really, the new Kawasaki with abs is $15k, I bought a 2012 new with Motorsport and all options for $15.4k and it has a 3 year warranty, 3 year road side, a quick shifter.

People always bring up price, but with the jap bikes rising price any more it's not much different and you get a hole lot better machine.

meh...if im going for something outside Japanese bikes id buy the RSV4 or 1199... im not taking anything from the bike but id never liked the company...but to each his own...and not for nothing but if you look at there motorcycle history everything they brought to the table failed miserably..funny thing is they Finally produced a winner:whistle: to bad they had to copy japanese technology to achieve it... good luck with your choice...

screw wat everyone thinks. if u like it then buy it. never stopped me from makn instant gratification purchases....:poke:

Back