Take A Knee Or Hide In The Locker Room?

I'm not saying you have had to served in the Armed Forces or given a pound of flesh for our country to have a valid opinion. However, if your whole basis of validation is standing during the anthem then I think you need to say less and Do more.....

Same goes for the other side...... If your kneeling you damn sure better be doing something in the community to improve and make it better!!! If not then your just kneeling to be cool and basically turned it into the "Ice Bucket" challenge. The message of the protest will carry no weight unless you lead bye example!!!! I would like to know how many of them millionaires actually donate back to their communities?? If not they need to shut up and stand cause they are hypocrites too!

The media has sensationalized this story and thrown gasoline on an already blazing racial inferno!!! It's not even about the games anymore it's more hyped up about who's gonna stand who's gonna kneel!?!? When the national anthem is played instead of the camera panning in on the singer or the flag they are constantly zooming in on a player kneeling!!! That.... pisses me off more than anything!!! I don't wanna see a player kneeling or standing. I wanna see the singer, wanna see the troops holding the flag!!!

that was righteous buddy!

Didn't really want to throw my 2cents into this debate but what the hell.....

My grandfather was in the Navy, my father and uncle were in Vietnam, my best friends all served, my half brother is currently enlisted in the Army, and I was former enlisted as well. Not saying that my opinion is right or carries more weight but I just wanted to let everybody know my background before commenting.

Had a discussion with a good friend of mine who was in the Navy and he asked me how I felt about the kneeling protest. He said he really doesnt watch football or sports for that matter but he said he didn't find kneeling offensive. He didn't see it as a big deal and there's a lot of hypocrites on the other side making a big fuss about it. His example was an older guy @ work bitching about the protests and saying how he's done watching football and he'll never go to a game again cause these punks are disrespecting "Murica" and our nations flag!!!

So my buddy asked him "what do you do for our country?" Said the guy looked at him confused.... Then he proceeded to ask him aside from standing for the national anthem and removing your hat what else have you done? Have you served? How much do you donate to the wounded warrior project? How many fundraisers or 5k's have you attended to benefit the VA or the the troops, how are you working to actively make this country better....?? Said the guy got red in the face and walked away mumbling cause he knew my buddy has and continues to do all of the above.

My take on it is I feel my buddy is right. There seems to be a lot of hypocrites on both sides of this argument. Just cause you stand for the national anthem doesn't make you a "Patriot". Not when the majority of your free time and $$$ is spent sitting on a couch drinking Miller Lights..... It really makes me question a lot of people's motives to be honest. Are you that upset because somebody is kneeling or are you that upset cause that "somebody" kneeling happens to be black.....????

I'm not saying you have had to served in the Armed Forces or given a pound of flesh for our country to have a valid opinion. However, if your whole basis of validation is standing during the anthem then I think you need to say less and Do more.....

Same goes for the other side...... If your kneeling you damn sure better be doing something in the community to improve and make it better!!! If not then your just kneeling to be cool and basically turned it into the "Ice Bucket" challenge. The message of the protest will carry no weight unless you lead bye example!!!! I would like to know how many of them millionaires actually donate back to their communities?? If not they need to shut up and stand cause they are hypocrites too!

The media has sensationalized this story and thrown gasoline on an already blazing racial inferno!!! It's not even about the games anymore it's more hyped up about who's gonna stand who's gonna kneel!?!? When the national anthem is played instead of the camera panning in on the singer or the flag they are constantly zooming in on a player kneeling!!! That.... pisses me off more than anything!!! I don't wanna see a player kneeling or standing. I wanna see the singer, wanna see the troops holding the flag!!!

So I can go along with different people do different things to show their support for America. I can go along with you don't have to be a military member to own that right. So tell me what has Kapernick done to show his appreciation for America?

And I absolutely agree 100% that the media is flaming the fires. Like 95% of the issues that get talked about.

So tell me what has Kapernick done to show his appreciation for America?

I don't know his background or everything that he's done since he sparked this protest so I don't want my comments to come off as I'm a Kapernick fan. I have been following this since the inception and these are my observations....

He originally was just sitting on the bench for the national anthem. He did this for a few preseason games before some reporter stuck a mic in his face and asked why. That was the match that lit the fuse to the powder keg. Now I was not a fan @ all of him sitting on his ass during the national anthem. Apparently a few other players on the team weren't cool with it and some Military talked to him as well so he then modified it kneeling. That to me looks a helluva lot better than sitting and shown that he was willing to compromise. He could've just said screw you guys I'm gonna do what I want but he @ least shown some respect towards others who took issue. I recognize that this STILL might not be good enough for most but it is for me. In this day and age everyone is a critic so no matter what you do it ain't gonna please everybody.

Here are a few links to his donations and charities that he's contributed to since the protest started

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usat...llar-pledge-donations-empower-communities/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...illion-dollar-pledge-charity-latest-donations

He basically protested his way out of the league. He's been blackballed in the NFL by the owners. Nobody will touch him despite being a starting quarterback just a year ago and leading his team to a Super Bowl. So in essence he's losing out on earning millions of dollars by his protesting.

That's where I question if these other athletes faced the same consequences would they do it??? Would they donate the proceeds of their jersey sales towards a charity or would they buy another Lamborghini??? So if guys are willing to put their $$$ and careers on the line for something they feel strongly about by peacefully protesting then I can respect that.

You don't have to like something in order to respect it..... If the motive is genuine and it has the potential to bring forth productive discussion and potentially change views to a more positive light then I'm all for it. But if the message isn't clear or you don't have conviction then it will be all for nothing.

I think its extremely disrespectful to all those that have fought and died so that we can have the freedoms we have today.
I would think If you truly do believe there is a issue and you want to protest it, and you are a famous athlete, then you can protest it and also pave the way with good works and education when your off the field on your own time, not trying to make a shock statement in front of the cameras.
That, is going to make me take notice and get on board with you vs offending me by disrespecting our countrys flag and national anthem.

and I'm another one who won't bother with anything NFL anymore.

Still not signed. Doesn't look like he will be. I hope nobody is upset that the teams express themselves as they see fit.

He expressed himself,
now the fans have expressed
they don’t want him .

GOOD !

e7316a1de100b80af4e3f3adad0061cf.jpg

Guaranteed kaepernick is still on his knees somewhere, either beside his bed praying he can make money or in goodell’s office already earning it...

Back