Switched out all but ecu, still super rich spot

turbojonn

Registered
Rich from 3500-5000. SUPER rich, like 2 gallons of gas used in 12 miles. Bucking, jerking and then smooth after 5000. The RPM range of the rich spot can be changed with the tps but not eliminated, it just moves it around. It almost feels like there is a short in something that is shutting off the motor. No error codes. Problem has persisted through switching out tps, throttle bodies, fuel rail, PC2 unplug, spark plugs, internal tank fuel fliter clean. Fuel pressure seems to be a consitent 40 lbs. Its a Mr.Turbo kit. Smothed heads, carillo rods, otherwise stock. Problem seems to be worsening.
I'm out of ideas and so is the mechanic working on it and so is our local Suzuki dealership. I have a replacement ecu on the wasy and will try that. I'll try the cam sensor too but I think I'm heading in a random direction. Maybe as simple as a short in the wire harness? I am the Forest Gump of do it yourself motor repair. I'm praying that one of you has an idea because I'm out of options locally.
Any ideas, even off the wall ones will be greatly, GREATLY appreciated--Jonn

How does the Mr Turbo kit add fuel for boost? It takes more than a PC. Does it use a FMU or does it use extra injectors with a separate controller? Have you watched the fuel pressure at those RPM?

http://www.AzBikeTech.com

<!--EDIT|Gary Evans
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126014957 -->

Check the MAP-sensor connection. Vacuum hoses from every four throttle bodies must be linked to map-sensor.

<!--EDIT|Kujo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127080884 -->

I called the original owner and figured out the problem. If the pc2 and ecu are too discrepant in their values at a specific throttle position the bike bucks...but just a little. The source of the big problem was the piched fuel line and return line (they took turns). Additionally, I found that when the tank was shut the wiring harness for the fuel pump got strethched and messed up the connections. To date I've corrected five bad connections and two pinched lines, and bad mapping.
It runs great now. Just a few oil leaks to correct now and that seems like no big deal. Thanks for all the help and I'll post pics soon. Jonn

Back