Super rich only from 3000-5000 rpm?

turbojonn

Registered
I just bought a 99 Mr. Turbo'd Busa. It had a rich spot from about 3000-5000 rpm. I took it to have  the flat spot mapped out and they couldn't do it. It seemed not to change even when he put in drastic values. They swithched pc2's, totally unhooked the pc2, changed out some kind of vacuum check valve, did all kinds of stuff to try to solve it but they could not. It read super super rich from 3000-5000, after that its just right.?!
After the mapping session the problem was considerably worse. Now it is almost unrideable under half throttle. Oh sure, it's fun..but how long could I rocket around town before thepolice get me. Maybe it was the heat or maybe he unknowingly found the culprit and inavlertantly make it worse? When I got back on the bike to ride it home it had gone from a jerky spot (3-5) to a downright buck that requires both hands on the bars. I came home and changed the plugs which did absolutely nothing.
The bike did make 250 hp @ 8000 rpm, thats's where George let off on the throttle. The previous owner had the thing turned up to 18psi! As there was only octane boosted premium in the tank we didn't run it to redline or hold it at 8000 for long. We turned it down to 10 and that's when he started trying to map it out. He's going to call Mr. Turbo Moday but I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas? To me it fells like a bad throttle sensor but I'm just a regular guy with a cheap tool kit. Any suggesstions will be greatly appreciated as Summer is slipping away and I really want to get it sorted out before the Seattle rains hit. Thanks much---JT

pc3 usb is what i was recomended. works fine for me and has a sweet user friendly software program.

Back