RUNNING SUPER RICH... urgent help

Aussie Busa

Registered
We did some nice twisty riding in the hills and then were crusieing around town when all of a sudden my bike had troubles riding under normal throttle use..stalling while riding.. it just stalled everytime i started it back up.

I adjusted the idle screw and it started idleing again, but running super rich and running very roughly blowing dark smoke, i rode it home as gentle as i could but it would not ride at one throttle position, i either had to be accellerating or have the throttle shut off..

Anyone else experiense this problem too?

I'm running a Mr Turbo kit,
PC. 3r
8psi
98 octane boost

Did you ever check your plugs???What does your fuel pressure guage read???

Im new to bikes, but not turbos, I think whoever "tuned" ur bike for you didn't do a good job, or your fuel pressure is too high for some reason...that will mess up idle easily.

I agree with STUNNAH, sounds like fouled plugs to me. Mine did it for a while when running high octane fuel and idling in traffic.

no i haven't checked my plugs.. will do that. i assume plugs are spark plugs.. sorry, i'm not a mechanic ..
tounge.gif

no i haven't  checked my plugs..  will do that.  i assume plugs are spark plugs.. sorry, i'm not a mechanic ..
tounge.gif
Yes sir...Spark plugs...You had mentioned a few weeks back about this problem and it has gotten worst...We suggest then that you should start trouble shooting...Don't continue to ride the bike like this...

Depending on where you have your PC3r mounted.. it's also possible the buttons were hit on it while riding and put it into programing mode which in turn through your map outta place~ If changing the plugs doesn't do the trick... check your map and make sure it's still what it should be~ Again, depending on where you have it mounted and if there's a possiblility off it being put into programing mode while you were riding~ Just a thought...
rock.gif

Depending on where you have your PC3r mounted.. it's also possible the buttons were hit on it while riding and put it into programing mode which in turn through your map outta place~ If changing the plugs doesn't do the trick... check your map and make sure it's still what it should be~ Again, depending on where you have it mounted and if there's a possiblility off it being put into programing mode while you were riding~ Just a thought...
rock.gif
Good idea..

i'm useing standard plugs and injectors (bike has 2000kms on it)

I am useing a power commander 111r

I willl replace plugs 1st and if still running super duper rich, i'll check out the map too.
Cheers.:)

i would check the plugs myself however power commanders are know to go tits up for no reason. i have serviced a few bikes where customers complained about poor performance that just popped up out of the blue and it turns out the power commander was the culprit.

good luck. hope its only your plugs!

Mine is doing something similar, although not as drastic. Maybe its the throttle position sensor? If they go bad they can make the bikes ecu think the throttle is at full wide open.

heya all... old topic i know.... but..

i finally replaced the plugs... it made the bike idle great, better than ever, but it still is puffing huge amounts of burnt fuel outta the pipe... so, i'm gunna look at the map...

I'm thinking the power commander got bumped a few times and put the mapping out...... dunno??

Have you tried disconnecting the PC and riding the bike to see if that is the problem...Just don't ride under full boost...

heya mate, good idea, will try that this arfternoon, i guess if i stay off boost, this won't do any damage to motor or anything. ?

cheers.:)

Can you get the bike to Sydney and have S&R Pro have a look at it.
The guys are good tuners and it might end up saving you time and money in the long run.

Cheers
Ross

is it using an FMU or the POS mr.turbo box to raise the fuel pressure?
I have had FMU out the the blue peg 100 psi while not on boost and I have had the Mr.turbo magic box take a dump.

I tried everything under the Sun to fix my rich problem...and now it's fixed. It turns out that Mr. Turbo uses quite a bit of fuel line. Maybe too much to easily fit under the tank when closed. I finally figured it out when the bike stalled and would't restart. I felt under the tank and discovered the pinched supply line. I unpinched it and it ran fine. The super rich condition was a combo of bad mapping over stock rich mapping with faulty map sensor wiring and the return line being pinched just enough to spike the fuel pressure when it sucked itself shut. The wiring part was also caused by the tight under tank space. The tank shutting was pulling the harness aprt and causing the connections to come undone.
You can check the fuel lines by reaching your hand between the frame rails under the seat. You can also hear a high pitched screaming from the pump if the suppy line is pinched.
I had tried everything before this. I bouth and switched out the ecu and pc2, switched out the tps and cleaned the ineer tank filter. I also found that the vacuum line to the fuel pump was ocassionally being pinched and causing the pressure to go nuts as well. However, the basic problems were a bad mapping connection and sporadically pinching fuel lines. Good luck and let me know how it works out. Have you called Terry at Mr. Turbo? If you need his number give me a shout and I'll look it up...JT

Sometimes I get too wordy. Just check your return line to see if it is picnching when the tank is<span style='font-family:courier'>closed. It might look just fine when the tank is lifted but pinch when the tank is shut.</span>

sydney is way too far away for me.. about 2200kms..

Thankyou for your reply turbojonn... will check out a few more things too..

Johnnycheese, i'm not real sure on what your saying... can you re-say that again.. sorry, i'm not the most mechanically minded person here.. lol

Thanks people.

Back