Lean condition after boost run, but normal after reset.

If that is the way that the bike rolled out of the shop, I disagree. Lee knows what he is doing with GSXR1000s, thats for sure! But somebody dropped the ball on this one - it is not mechanical.

Those injectors should be idling with 30 pounds of fuel pressure, not 20!:poke:
Dave "O" use to work there for some time, they built the fastest turbo bike in the world to date from a RCC Ultra kit. I would assume Lee got some knowledge out of that process. Just guessing though. Lee can also ride heck out of a bike as well.

Last edited:
I agree with Frank, my fuel is @ 28psi @ idle with a teka flashed ecu it has a 4:1 rise rate. I had the same problem with the spiking and traced it all down to the vacuum lines.
Unhook all lines to the boost controller and run from the compressor housing to the wastegate, then run a line from the plenum to the fmu. Start with all new lines because if one is cracked, you will not have the proper signal. The more hose you have on the bike , the more likely you will have one fail. Call Corky Bell @ Bell Eng. and get the rebuild kit with as many shims as you can get to rebuild the FMU. Next inspect the header for cracks.

Dave "O" use to work there for some time, they built the fastest turbo bike in the world to date from a RCC Ultra kit. I would assume Lee got some knowledge out of that process. Just guessing though. Lee can also ride heck out of a bike as well.

All of that is very nice, Greg. My comments were meant to help a fellow turbo rider out and attempt to diagnose a problem, not to polish somebody's knob. I really don't care who did it, I have no axe to grind with anybody. What I do know is that this mans bike is not right!:whistle:

I've worked in big time stock car racing for 10 years now and I've learned that different experiences are all valuable and no one can know all. It takes all of us working togather, sharing those experiences to help each other grow and add to our own knowledge. I appreciate all you guys thoughts, expertise, experiences and support! I am deff a noob when it comes to forced induction and i've learned alot from all you guys. Thank you all.
On a side note, i did ride it today keeping a close eye on the 02 and fuel gauges. It never went past 14 the ride back and forth to work, but i wasn't on it that much either. I saw only a few lbs of boost, but never saw the same issues i was having yesterday. It is still too rich at 10 to 11 at idle. It deff needs some attention to be correct and with you guys thoughts i have a good idea that the issue relies in the FMU. As for after i put a recal kit in it, i'm not 100% sure who i'll take it too. I know i've spent some hard earned cash with Lee and he is alot closer, but if he doesn't have experiences with internally gated turbos and the type of dual boost controller setup i have, maybe it makes sense to give the guy in Raliegh a call to get his thoughts.

My bike is 6 hrs away in another state and different time zone getting tuned because that is where a Busa turbo expert is. Tuner distance for convenience should not be the deciding factor between two shops. If there is a well known turbo tuner that you can get to and is especially if he's recommended as a turbo tuner that is where I would be going if it were my choice.

You obviously are not happy about your tune. Does not matter what the reason is, your not enjoying the ride your worrying about bad A/F numbers and possible engine damage. I would go to another shop. A correctly tuned Busa on boost is so comforting and fun to have.

Best of luck either way.

How far of a ride is it to NY? I drove the 5hrs to Power House and it was worth it.. I could be wrong but I think your only about 6ish hrs from him.. All that money in your bike has gotta be worth that.. Goodluck..

Sorry bout that I just checked also and your right.. Got an aunt in Virginia that I was basing that off of.. I'm not even close:stoopid:

Yeah, thats what i was thinking. One reason i put that o2 wideband on it. Sounds like maybe i need a better fuel map?

I was getting worryed about the A/F you posted cause 13 to 1 under boost is bad, but I see you have a wideband, do not put a lot of stock in it it LIES, if lee tuned your bike and he said its good to go it most likely is, the reason I say this is because every wideband I have come in contact with reads high on the gauge, I dont know why it just does, mine was reading 14.2 under boost when my buds new dynojet said 11.6 when under a pull, I was told that when used as a data logger it is more in line i thoght WTF then it started crapping out O2 was bad, I didn't bother fixing it, just ck plugs every now and then, two years with same tune up no problems:thumbsup:

Matt- are you saying that it is good to know that your A/F gauge is reading wrong? How do you know that for a fact? Why did you even install it, if its a POS? FYI - every A/F setup we ever installed - datalogger or not - read correctly. You absolutely need to confirm that what you are seeing on your gauge is either right or wrong. I hope it is wrong, and that Lee set everything up right - he has been in the biz a long time, is respected, and does know what he is doing. The one thing that absolutely is wrong is your fuel pressure going way past 100 pounds when you are on boost.

When we tune a turbo bike, we run our own liquid-filled boost gauge, we monitor fuel pressure, again with our own gauge, and A/F. The rising rate and final pressures in your fuel system are critical to the tune. Should these change after tuning, you can flush the whole custom map right down the tubes! Anyone who does not monitor fuel pressure while tuning a turbo bike should find another line of work . . .:whistle:

I know i still have some issues to be resolved for sure. I run a autometer 3378 wideband for O2. I bought it to be able to keep a close eye on the o2 condition to hopefully spot any issues before i detonate a engine. If they are inacurate, then perhaps your correct that it doesn't benefit me from having it?? Maybe for data logging? Have you seen these discrepancies in the past?

I know i still have some issues to be resolved for sure. I run a autometer 3378 wideband for O2. I bought it to be able to keep a close eye on the o2 condition to hopefully spot any issues before i detonate a engine. If they are inacurate, then perhaps your correct that it doesn't benefit me from having it?? Maybe for data logging? Have you seen these discrepancies in the past?

I am not sure WTF good a wideband is if it is inaccurate. It should be accurate, and it DOES benefit you to have it . . . I have not seen big discrepencies in these units . . . and I am definately not jumping on any bandwagon that says you should just ignore what you are seeing . . .:laugh:

I talked to Lee, he agree's with you on the FMU issue. So i called to order the recal kit and your closed on Monday's? WTF Frank? If i got to work, you should have to work. No fishing or golf! I'll give you a buzz tomorrow and get a recal kit for the FMU on the way. Then Lee said we would put it back on the Dyno and see if we can get it dialed in.

Well, I ordered the Recal kit for the fmu then after install i'll take it back to Lee for another run on the dyno for a better map. Hopefully i'll be ready to ride then.

Back