SWITCHED 12V OR 12V SOURCE on GEN 1

teezy

Registered
Ok guys I got my air shifter all hooked. Just need to hook up my air pump to a Switched 12v source according to the instructions. Anyone know a good switched 12v source on the gen1? Im considering running a inline fuse to the positive side of the battery but I dont want to forget and leave the pump running.

The license plate light positive wire is switched (i think it's brown but not sure) and runs right down the frame to the rear. That's what I'm using for the switched wire to my fuzeblock....

I have a master switch under the hump for all my accessories. Fuse in series between the battery and switch. Seems to work well enough, though once I forgot to switch it off, and it killed my battery while I was out of town.

The license plate light positive wire is switched (i think it's brown but not sure) and runs right down the frame to the rear. That's what I'm using for the switched wire to my fuzeblock....

Good Idea!!! thanks!!

I have a master switch under the hump for all my accessories. Fuse in series between the battery and switch. Seems to work well enough, though once I forgot to switch it off, and it killed my battery while I was out of town.

pics? where did you get it?

I agree with diver as long as the wire is sized and fused to handle your pump, otherwise go with Hectic.

With the fuzeblock installed, the main power still comes direct from the battery (over 12Ga wire); the switched source doesn't use very much, just enough to trip the switch on those devices connected over the fuzeblock on the switched side...

Back