Gen 1 Busa on a Diet...

Depends on how you use your bike. I like mine to do everything well ie; road racing, canyon carving, drag racing, top speed(not so much anymore), cruising.....I have over $10k in the bike such as Ohlins suspension, upgraded brakes, wheels and such. It is a kickass bike compared to stock.

Busashot said:
Depends on how you use your bike. I like mine to do everything well ie; road racing, canyon carving, drag racing, top speed(not so much anymore), cruising.....I have over $10k in the bike such as Ohlins suspension, upgraded brakes, wheels and such. It is a kickass bike compared to stock.

Everything but canyon carving...I'm in OKC! Canyons don't exist here! Lol I don't care much for twists

The SuperSprox I recieved was one ounce HEAVIER that the stock steel, and it was out of round. I really hope mine was the exeption.

But..... The company was REALLY good to deal with, and I would purchase a one-piece sprocket from them any day.

It looks like you're ok with spending some money. I would recommend a fiberglass fuel tank. The stocker weighs almost 15lbs empty, plus it'll lower the center of gravity as well as give you "aero hp" if you get a low-pro tank. I calculated that my fuel cell gave me the equivalent of 9whp based on the speed I gained at LSR events.

Since you're not into twisties, then I agree with the advice to put money into the engine before wheels. The equivalent hp gained from rotational weight savings is only 5 - 7hp, whereas good headwork will give you 20+ for the same price or less (have you priced BST's? OMG).

If you want to shed an additional 10 pounds or so you can purchase a carbon fiber airbox. That is if you have an xtra $895 lying around..............................:laugh:

SGVridgerunner said:
It looks like you're ok with spending some money. I would recommend a fiberglass fuel tank. The stocker weighs almost 15lbs empty, plus it'll lower the center of gravity as well as give you "aero hp" if you get a low-pro tank. I calculated that my fuel cell gave me the equivalent of 9whp based on the speed I gained at LSR events.

Since you're not into twisties, then I agree with the advice to put money into the engine before wheels. The equivalent hp gained from rotational weight savings is only 5 - 7hp, whereas good headwork will give you 20+ for the same price or less (have you priced BST's? OMG).

its not that i have extra money lying around...if been saving and tired of get spanked by P.O.S 1000's because of weight. I would mind getting the fuel tank but thats some $$$ for sure and yea BST are up there in price but who knows maybe down the line it will be an option...

thanks for the input!

#1busa said:
If you want to shed an additional 10 pounds or so you can purchase a carbon fiber airbox. That is if you have an xtra $895 lying around..............................:laugh:

i decided to go Boost so that wont be necessary anymore...lol

That turbo will be adding weight to your bike.......??? Sure it will definitely give you some more HP but I doubt that 1000's were blowing you away on straight aways. So if you wanted to keep up and compete with the liter bikes you need to drop weight and re-tool your suspension. All a turbo is gonna do is help you go faster in a straight line :whistle:

#1busa said:
That turbo will be adding weight to your bike.......??? Sure it will definitely give you some more HP but I doubt that 1000's were blowing you away on straight aways. So if you wanted to keep up and compete with the liter bikes you need to drop weight and re-tool your suspension. All a turbo is gonna do is help you go faster in a straight line :whistle:

I only run straight aways. Yea it adds weight but 300 HP...liter bikes aren't pulling me anymore. I proved it the other night over n over

After market tube swingarm. loose the rear pegs , take the horn off, get an undertail that huge factory piece is at least 7 lbs, you can go with r1 wheels or spend 3-5k on some aftermarket ones, gsxr 1000 front forks and you have to put diffrnet springs in them for the busa, brocks exhaust is 7lbs my stock was 43 lbs you do the math, you could always boost it thats what i did I can smoke just about any 1000 with a passenger lol, or go spend 500 on a nos set up and another 300 for a good dynotune and another 350 for PCIV NOS is cheap 1000 dollars and you can add 100 hp

Another thing not mentioned is instead of putting the busa on a diet maybe put the rider on 1. I see a lot of big boys on busas. Instead of spending $2000 on an exhaust to cut 12 lbs. You could spend half of that dieting and working out and drop that much weight if not more

#1busa said:
Another thing not mentioned is instead of putting the busa on a diet maybe put the rider on 1. I see a lot of big boys on busas. Instead of spending $2000 on an exhaust to cut 12 lbs. You could spend half of that dieting and working out and drop that much weight if not more

O yea that's for sure!

Back