Swap Meets and Flea Markets....  Good Deals

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
I just got a 36MM Impact socket and a long handled 1/2" socket wrench for all of $13. In used but excellent condition, and the Socket is a proper 5 sided socket, guarantees I wont rip up the bolt on the rear axle.

Just a thought, I know the same kind of socket from Sears was like $35 and the handle was about another $20.

OK Not that exciting I know but just a reminder that there are deals to be had in the real world, not just online. It is also nice to be able to touch the thing your buying and determine the quality of something first hand.

Good find.
wink.gif
I'm always hittin' yard sales and stuff like that to see if they have any good tools cheap. Flea Market here is just a gypsy hangout and used video game cartridge clearance outlet. Never anything worth a crap!
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075084538 -->

the Socket is a proper 5 sided socket, guarantees I wont rip up the bolt on the rear axle.
Hopefully six sided...

Good deal on the tool!
Uh...Yeah
down.gif
six sides...I meant proper six sided...

We also found a 8X11 Wool rug for the master bedroom for $270. Really nice. And, I got a line on an exposed hammer old school Coaches gun. You know, classic exposed hammer, 19" blued barrel, walnut stocks with decent checkering, $240.

What is killing me is the wife is all hot for new stuff in the house, we have a Brunswick pool table coming, new carpet in the front part of the house, velvet freaking drapes for the master bath, and now we're looking at re-doing the counter tops and apparently we need a bar height table and chairs for the eat in kitchen area... BUT...Oddly enough I still have no pipes on the busa...Hmmm, I am thinking I am going to have to just order them first, then hand the wife the reciept...that might do it... or maybe I need to put her on the back of the Busa more often, provide the right motivation...

You are not doing something right. Oh, and do not pet or talk softly to the busa in front of her, they get jealous.
tounge.gif

Hmmm, I am thinking I am going to have to just order them first, then hand the wife the reciept...that might do it...
Just make sure to redo the dog house first, bro. Don't want you living in run down quarters!
laugh.gif
Hmmm, She would have to toss me out in the Garage, and well...Thats where Lilah Lives, so I think I am safe in the house. We will see what happens. The problem is that she has a valid point with my bike and that makes it worse. Her point is that there is clearly nothing wrong with the pipes that are on there now.... And Darnit she is right, I mean there is nothing wrong with them. It's part of the whole "if it's not broke don't fix it" thing I preach coming back to haunt me....

It's also hard to argue with buying nice crap for the house... I mean, I live here...

The problem is that she has a valid point with my bike and that makes it worse.  Her point is that there is clearly nothing wrong with the pipes that are on there now....  And Darnit she is right, I mean there is nothing wrong with them.  
You sure you're a dude, bro? Borrow your testicles back from her for a minute and velcro them back on. Then come here and re-read the part I quoted here.
laugh.gif
That statement coming from a dude is just wrong on soooo many levels.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075165455 -->

The problem is that she has a valid point with my bike and that makes it worse.  Her point is that there is clearly nothing wrong with the pipes that are on there now....  And Darnit she is right, I mean there is nothing wrong with them.  
You sure you're a dude, bro? Borrow your testicles back from her for a minute and velcro them back on. Then come here and re-read the part I quoted here.
laugh.gif
No No, My boys are right where they belong, I guess my main bitch is that the priority is the house as far as the better half is concerned.... And I really cannot argue with that.

Just hackin' at ya, bro.
wink.gif
I know how you married guys are.
laugh.gif
Yeah Yeah, But I had a steak and Potato cooked for me for dinner tonight, and I got clean drawers in the dresser and a down comforter...   Yeah, Women may do a lot of odd things but I cannot argue with some of the nice stuff they bring into the house though.  You know, food, curtains, living plants, a warm bed...   There are enough benefits that if you have picked the right woman they really compensate for any wierdness...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075171305 -->

Hey Rev, I just got back from a wknd trip to a maaaasive swap meet in Turlock Calif. Suppose to be the larhgest car swap on the west coast. I saw some amazing things! Anyway lots of cool car parts .... and cars for sale. It is allways the last wknd in Jan.

I bought elct ing. for my Chevelle and misc parts ... Swap meets are cool.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
thumbs-up.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Rev, you just got to say, ok you get your curtains, and I will get my exhaust... There is nothing wrong with the counter tops you have now... Unless you know, there is. Thats what works for me. I got exhaust coming after tax return, will full approval. She is getting a printer/fax/copier/scanner. I think I came out ok on that deal...
cool.gif

BUT...Oddly enough I still have no pipes on the busa...Hmmm, I am thinking I am going to have to just order them first, then hand the wife the reciept...that might do it... or maybe I need to put her on the back of the Busa more often, provide the right motivation...
Let me know if ya need to borrow my backseat & backrest!

BUT...Oddly enough I still have no pipes on the busa...Hmmm, I am thinking I am going to have to just order them first, then hand the wife the reciept...that might do it... or maybe I need to put her on the back of the Busa more often, provide the right motivation...
Let me know if ya need to borrow my backseat & backrest!
Will Do man... thanks.

I'll be out in the real world here some after mid-month and I have been planning to meet up with you, sorry I have been so freaking invisible the last couple months. I have a career make or break kinda project finishing up, and it is dominating allmost my every waking thought....

Stressed enough that I show to work with my fly down kinda stress...

Back