I need help

Chromed-n-Stretched

Donating Member
Registered
I cant seem to loosen the front axle bolt, anyone know any tricks of the trade that might be of use? i tried an electric impact and a big socket wrench but no budge. is it safe to use a pitbull front stand for this tear down?

Yes, remove both sides! They are there to prevent the axle from backing out. I changed my front tire last year with no effort at all.

leave the left side tight while loosening axle or it will spin.A breaker bar should bust it loose easy.torque is only 72ft Lbs.[suppose to be]If that won't do it get a cheater bar.

(thebbbusa @ Apr. 19 2007,19:22) Left side as in left when sitting on the bike.
yes-bikes- cars-big rigs,left and right is always determined by the drivers seat or rider in this case.

You may need to loosen the other side. Not completely loose though. You don't want to the axle housing spinning on you.

I had to do this recently. It was so tight I couldn't spin the nut. Once I let some of the pressure off all was good.

thanks everyone
bowdown.gif

(Revvv @ Apr. 19 2007,19:37) You may need to loosen the other side. Not completely loose though. You don't want to the axle housing spinning on you.

I had to do this recently. It was so tight I couldn't spin the nut. Once I let some of the pressure off all was good.
ya think it might be cocked a little or just over torqued on the crimp?an over torque could smash threads on axle to be tighter.

by the way chrome crimp bolt 16.5ft Lbs. [ or 198 in. Lbs very close]

Hey chrome get your torque right on the crimp so this won't happen again.thats a problem I never had.somebody has been torque happy.

Back