Suzuki is in denial- It needs to stop!

Ok I'm at work lets seeService bulliten shoe #2102. and up ok.and I made a error the fuel screen is not a recall it is a bulliten also #2599 and is ok. MY lame AOL crashed this morning hope to be up tonight.Work Number is 1-512-452-7754.

Maybe it was revised??
All I know is mine is dated 9/8/99
Subject: Engine Hesitation
Service Bulletin #109 says "Affected Models: GSX1300RX with frame numbers BELOW X2105559 are affected."

I would be happy to e-mail this to you or I could post it on another site.

Bob

Sokol49, Mine cutout at 7100 and I cleaned mine but had the recall done within 1500 miles. They said the screens were clogged again. I didn't see them. They said they were going to talk to suzuki and I probably wouldn't have to pay. Wasn't that nice? My vin#3386

Bob, I have the same notice but they sent a revised one at about the same time the chain tensioner bulletin came.

The correct affected number is frame #2559 and below. Out shop recived a REVISED bulletin #109 from Suzuki with the correct number for bikes that needed new fuel screens. The Customer Satisfaction bulletin #111 that cam out with the #110 tensioner recall has information that the orginal #109 bulletins did'nt. Your dealers should be referring to #108, 110 and 111 to service your Busa's.

BTW, most of the poor running Busas that have come to us from other shops have problems with hoses pinched (bulletin 108) or probelms cause by poor mechnaics.

i got to get a look at my strainer recently when swapping my black tank for copper and it looked great . nothing to speak of beginning to cause any problems .thats at almost 8k miles .
i did however recently have a problem with my bike being hard to start . then one day i wanted to go for a ride and it just wouldnt start at all . i pulled the plugs and they were just dripping with fuel.
new plugs fixed her right up ! but i wonder when im going to have to replace them again. i have exhaust and a pc2 . its been tuned on the dyno a couple months ago and it wasnt quite as cold then.
ironically i called kevin at cycleworx in indy and another busa owner had called earlier that day with the same story.
anyone else encountered this ?

You think Suzuki takes care of it's "Better" Dealers 1st ??

My Service Daealer,,Not My Purchase Dealer, Ramsey Suzuki, here in NJ, is one of the Top "service" Dealers in the Country,,I think Suzuki may Even Kiss their Azz's due to the reputation they have.

It's just great to have a dealer you can count on with top Notch wrenches !!

161 ®

Crazy Bill; did you look at the strainer which looks like a small oil filter or the insulator that is plastic and looks like a fine mesh screen. both need too be checked. I have seen the the gas fouling of plugs after work has been preformed.either the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator was pinched or left open.Also check your plugs (see the post on that)

Crazy Bill,
Several people have reported the "flooding" problem. At least one was after a high speed run. They all have the PC2 box. Some "glitch" causes the injectors to flood once in a while. I dont have the answer, but have just noticed the PC2 seems to be a factor. Send your Copper pictures.
ducmanic

Isn't that the truth BB.ie.pinched vacuum lines and improper hose routing.Please make sure that someone has test rode the bike before picking it up. that will tell you a lot about the place that just worked on it. If they say it ran great and you get on it and it goes a total top speed of 30 mph. well you know what I mean.

The #111 bulletin explains more about the servicing of the fuel pump and cleaning the screens that are not replaced, like the fuel regulator screen.

No one's Busa should be down waiting for parts. Our Suzuki rep has told us to clean the screens and have a customer return when parts are in. Suzuki seems willing to pay for two repairs to keep the Busa's on the street.

I too did my own recall procedures. And I noticed how "cheap" the fuel lines seemed to be after they got a little gas on the outside of them! After all aren't they "fuel"lines? They got real slippery and seemed to be really spongey. As for the kinking problem, The feed line was fine, but the return line next to it seemed too long, so I cut about one and a half inches off of it and it seems to make a difference!! and it's still plenty long to raise the fuel tank all the way up. So I'm hoping for the best.

EVERYONE that ever raises the gas tank on the Busa should have a copy of Bulletin 108 or be able to look in the service section of the repair manual to understand the fuel hose routing. And if you remove the hoses you must have it or be very aware of how they were.(they are preformed hoses and if positioned 180 degrees out they will kink when bent) When I lower my tank I have to sometimes push one of the fuel hoses with my finger as i lower the tank to keep it from being pinched in the wrong spot.
I also don't believe the serial number stuff. My #4006 had brown soft material in the regulator screeen, which did cause a problem. I swapped all the pieces out and now consider it a maintenance item like an oil change. I have had the fuel pump out twice already and it only took about an hour total the second time.
I never heard of the flooding thing? Whats that about?
Bob

Back