Suzuki is in denial- It needs to stop!

OB_SlowHand

Registered
I am bikeless for a while, and I'm not happy. Last week my bike cut out in a turn and tried to spit me off when it suddenly came back on.Took it to my dealer where I bought the bike. Serial# is above 3600, well above the supposed fix for the fuel screens. Ran ratty all the way to the dealer. I explained to the shop foreman that I thought the screens were plugged. He said that I was in luck; that the area rep for Suzuki was in the dealer's office. He went to talk with him, and 5 minutes later came back saying thatsince my bike was over the call-back # it had the new parts, and so that couldn't be the problem. This was last Friday. On Monday I brought it back and the dealer's attitude hadn't changed. Since the mileage was 7600, it was due for a major service. I had them do that at my expense. After the test ride, the mechanic came back shaken. It cut out on him and almost flipped him off in traffic. Obviously something else was wrong.
To shorten the story, The screen and the filter were almost plugged solid. Suzuki still insists that it's either impossible or I've been buying bad gas. Of course most of my buds run FI bikes with no problem, and there has been a lot of documentation of this problem on this site, with several bikes over the recall number.
The dealer has no screens and is trying to get them from Suzuki, so far without success.
He now says that even if Suzuki keeps its head up its *** (not exactly his words) he will fix it for me at no additional cost.
That's all well and good, but in the meantime I'm bikeless and the dealer may get stuck for a problem that is Suzuki's. There is speculation that Busa tanks may have been coated with something for shipment which is causing the problem. In the meantime, more of us are going to have this problem, with Suzuki still refusing to stand behind its product. THAT IS A DISGRACE!
I bought a top-line sport bike and an extended 5 year warranty, yet my bike sits at the dealer's while Suzuki refuses to admit they blew it and didn't solve the problem.
I will eventually get the bike back, probably at no additional cost, but until Suzuki gets its act together every one of us will have to fight a battle every time this happens.And it can keep happening.
Why don't they admit the problem, say they are working on it, and have kits ready when we need them? They are too cheap to spend the money! No other reason. That's a bad way to treat a good bike, and a good way to lose loyal customers. I'm tired of their BS.

Slowhand; YEs I know the screens are back order,they have been for about 2 weeks.If the dealer wants they should check with Suzuki to see if they would let then clean the screen till another one gets there.It sound like you have a good dealer on your side they will probably work with you and talk to Suzuki on your behave. You have a great bike as you know . Keep the faith.

You think you got it bad you should read my early postings on my fuel filter replacement and I'm still trying to get my chain tenioner replacement after two months waiting.I now found out that I have to take it back to my orginal place where I bought my bike to have the chain tenioner replaced. Oh well it's better than getting the run around since now I can get the bike done with the recall.Here's a good one I was told there's a difference between the chain tenioner and the fuel filter change.The tenioner is called a recall and the fuel filter is called a service call in,this is what I was told.So now I'm confussed,I guess one kills you slower than the other problem.I'd say the chain problem will kill you faster.

Johnny,if he can't get the stuff by the first of next week, I'll have the dealer clean it up as much as possible and I'll run it that way until the parts come in. I really don't want the dealer to have to do the job twice with possibly no help from Suzuki, but my patience runs out next week.
Cisco, that's a horror story. Of course with a new bike you expect a certain amount of problems, and if the company has a good attitude, you work with them to make things right. Suzuki is flat lying to us; we know it and they know it. I've never run into this attitude with Honda or Yamaha.

You ever heard on a Royal Sham I mean Royal Star. talk about Yamaha blowing customers off.and neither has anything compaired to a Busa.Once you get HER back and twist the throttle you'll forget what the problem was.

Johnny, I still love the bike. My disgust is with Suzuki, and not because there is a problem and they haven't solved it. They deny that the problem exists. That's dishonest.

Poor bikeless bastard!!! I feel your pain. For that very reason I have a 2nd scoot. I'll never rely on thev MC service industry 100%. Also, a dealership's service is secondary to selling bikes. I've heard of guys bringing in there bike for an oil change and getting it back the next day untouched while the service guy says it's finished. Funny how the guy locked his handlebars and forgot to leave the key for the service dept. The bike was parked in the same spot as the day before. Yet it's covered with dust-no fingerprints etc. Maybe it was an honest mistake? Doubtful. I put in an order for my cam chain tensioner recall on 11/20. They called me and left a msg. that it was in last week. I called to schedule and they said "oops, sorry it's not in yet." WTF? I got the same call yesterday. We'll see. As a successful small business owner myself, with 20+ employees, I see an immediate need for quality MC dealers. Maybe one day I'll have my own MC dealership and those dealerships around me can get a taste of some real pain. I'll handle customer service myself if I have too. Squids and good business sense may exist someday...here in Phx. anyway.

[This message has been edited by Squid Vicious (edited 23 December 1999).]

The good guys on the Ranger's site posted both 108 and 109 bulletines on the "Service Bulletins/Recalls Forum. While bulletin 108 (Fuel Return Hose Routing) is issued for bikes with serial # below than X2103638, the 109 (Engine Hesitation) is for all lower than X2105559. There is also a statement: "Once the revised parts are installed, your GSX1300R customer will be responsible for the cost of future normal service to these items". Is this the latest revision? (the 109 bulletine is dated 8/8/99)

[This message has been edited by SOKOL49 (edited 23 December 1999).]

I too share your pain. My bike now has the grand total of 1,400 miles on the clock only 200 of which have I ridden without cut-outs and imminent engine explosions. I finally got the cam chain tension adjuster sorted 4 weeks ago, had to take yet another day off work to do it and as usual it was pissing down with rain. Now I get another letter about the fuel filter although in the UK it's still marked as a service bulletin not a recall. Whatever.

The days off work I've spent getting this pissing thing roadworthy are not worth counting and it's still not right. After all my trouble with the bike, dealer and Suzuki I have yet to get a single penny in compensation. I have to do all the chasing and letter writing and thus far all I've got is a consideration to do the bikes 4,000 mile service for free. As if the poxy thing's gonna make it to 4,000 miles! Even if it does I doubt very much that I'll be the 'not so proud' owner by then.

I own a Hayabusa but I wouldn't recommend one to a friend. Roll on the ZX12 I say and if after a fews months there aren't too many problems with it I'm switching over. Bollocks to them.

Well all I can tell you as I had this problem months ago, and I bet it goes away when a new fuel tank installed.

There seems to be an issue that bikes above the Service Bulletin numbers are having the same problem.

The initial *rumor* was about a gas tank coating.

In the Tatsumi Mook *Hayabusa* the tanks are pictured getting some kind of "Dip" in a tank.

Get the extended warranty and bust their B****, unless the bike cuts out in front of a tractor trailer truck and you get run over.

Have you ever heard of any car or bike that chokes on fuel additive.

Wanna buy some wet land in Florida?

How about a bridge in New York?

I had the first cut out a week ago, and I have a misfortune to deal with an unsympathetic dealer, who tells me that since the bike has almost 11,000 miles it might be a "normal wear and tear" and I may be responsible for the repair. This is BS!!. The owner's manual does not mention that teh fuel filters are to be replaced after 11,000 miles. Anyway, I have a question for those who had to deal with this problem: 1. Is it possible to clean the filters rather than replacing them, and 2. Has anybody had the same problem AFTER the filters were replaced, (if indeed we are talking some gunk that is coming off of the tank , then it may be a slow release and continue clogging the filters)?

And I agree: It is a disgrace that otherwise a great bike like Hayabusa gets a bad wrap over a trivial thing like that. Can Suzuki afford this? Suzuki guys, Are you listening??

The copy of the Bulletins I have calls out all serial numbers below #5559.
I did mine myself (ser # 4006) I definitely had some brown mung in the regulator screen, and small amounts elsewhere. I ordered the parts myself, i don't trust the dealer mech.'s for the most part.
Bob

SOKOL49 - You hit on the question I have. If these bikes above the claimed fixed serial number are having the problem, then does the new fuel filter screen really solve the problem permenantly??

Mine didn't cut out until about 5,500 (vin #0081)miles. Maybe the new fuel filter screen improves this problem, but it sounds like I should expect more screen clogging and cutouts down the road??

[This message has been edited by Factory (edited 23 December 1999).]

I tokk mine in foer the recall about 2 months ago( what a pain in the a,s,s, that was). Anyway, my vin number is 4765, or close to it. They told me that the recall was for a lower number than that. I see bob quotes it at 5559? Is this true or was my dealer "f"ing with me? Actually not my dealer bought it in Chicago live in Florida. I had also heard that from a dealer rep from Suzuki, I believe his name was bob as well.

I just wanted to say tokk was suppose to look like this "took" and foer was suppose to look like this "for". Sorry for the mix up. I didnt want any hate mail. haha

Back