Suzuki Service Bulletins

OB_Tangram

Registered
I think that some of you guys out there are Suzuki mechanic types, so this request goes mainly to you.

I'm still having trouble with a) engine cut-outs and b) my dealer! I've about got one problem sorted (the dealer) but I would love to get hold of copies of two service bulletins so I can check this stuff out for myself. 1) I understand that Suzuki issued a bulletin regarding the moving/re-routing of various fuel hoses around the engine and 2) the fuel filter mod bulletin that I can shove under said dealers nose to get him to fix it.

Can any of you guys get me copies, or indeed do you know anywhere on the net where these things are published?

is it a 2000 or 99 the bulliten you are refuring to is for early 99 and the hose routing is for all 99 I do not know where on the net you can go but the ones I have are for U.S. models you kneed the U.K. ones.call Suzuki of Europe they should tell you where or how to get them

Hmmmm, hose routing. Is this supposed to address cutouts, or fuel leaks? (I understand a number of guys have suddenly sprung a leak, which would be a bummer for where I am storing my bike.)

I have had the cam chain and fuel filter recalls done, but this is the first I have heard of a fuel line reroute recall. (I assume a service bulletin is a recall.)

Mine is an early 99. Copper. Copper is classic.

Thanks dudes for all the advice in the past.

No a bulliten is a info message and not a recall.
It adderssed hose pinching.
Sorry I did not get the e-mail addrress today due to I did not go to work.

It's OK CanuckBusa, The fuel line routing thing has probably already been done on your machine. The shop do it when the beast gets serviced and they don't usualy tell anybody about it.

I don't got a fuel leek, but I did have a kinked fuel-return hose under the tank. As it was damaged from being kinked for so long under temperature it had become damaged, so I cut off the offending inch off the end and stuck it back on the tank. Cut-out disapeared for some time but now its back.

Tangram I would put money that when the line was heated and pinched the inside of the rubber hose went onto your pump and started to clogg it.

Tangram

Took mine for its 4000mile service yesterday, complaining about bad idle, surging etc below 3500 rpm, all the time, all gears, etc......
Techy said that the airbox water/oil drain down by the sprocket cover was full and this was the cause. I distinctly remember emptying that 2 days previous!!.
The bike seems a hell of a lot better, don't know what he did though, perhaps its the Mobil 1 I asked him to put in!!!!!

Thanks, Johnnycheese. I'll mention your thoughts to the mech' when I see him.

The response from my dealer had been piss poor when trying to resolve this problem, even pleading ignorance about the fuel-filter mod. His response was 'What did your tuning guy say?' to my question about fuel restruictions. In retort I contacted Suzuki UK to get the low down and complained about said dealer in no uncertain terms. I got a letter back from Suzuki Customer Services the other day saying that he'd had a little chat with said dealer geezer. To cut this short, I talked again to the dealer again this afternoon, who promptly ate humble pie! HA! I've got the bike booked in for next Thursday, so If all is well when he's had a look and a tweak, I'll get the knowledge from his mech' about what the problem was.

I've been buying bikes of this guy for eight years! Why he should start mucking me about now is beond me. Don't figure.

Thank you for the suggestion too, NumbNuts. Like you I regularly empty any crud out, but I’ll have another look tonight.

Yo, Johnnycheese.

Just got my 'busa back from the shop (four days late but what the hell!). You where almost spot on. I told the mechanic what you thought. The crap lifted from the inside of the warped hose hadn't been deposited inside the pump as far as the mech' could tell, but was spread in copious quantities over the fuel screens.

New hoses, fuel filters (which needed to be done anyway) fitted and a general service and she's never felt better. All the 2000RPM stuttering has disappeared completely and I can go from a trailed to nailed at any revs in any gear (barring top under 1500rpm) and she pulls away clean as a shiny thing. Even with all the PAIR valve stuff still attached she's stopped backfiring all the time too. Oh happy day.

Can't wait for the weekend now to scrub the new rubber properly. The weather in London is still pretty rough, but getting better as the weekend draws closer.

[This message has been edited by Tangram (edited 31 May 2000).]

Back