Service Bulletin 110, cam chain adjuster

I called my dealer about the recall and at first he didn't know anything about it.
He called me back about 2 hrs. later and told me he has the cam chain adj. for me, but will get the other parts for me by early next week.
He said that Suzuke would rather not have me ride it untill the cam adj. is replaced.
I would like to thank the one that posted this recall.
That is why this board is great.

[This message has been edited by gurrera (edited 15 October 1999).]

BJ, Don't have a copy of the 110, but went to my dealership yesterday and they knew about it. Said they just found out about Wed. and the parts came in Thur. Said make an appointment so I can drive in and drive out same day. Sure like that, hate leaving the bike somewhere overnight!

Same here. I went in for the cam work, and they checked 108 (mine was ok) and ordered the parts for 109. I'm going in today to get that taken care of, as well as plopping on a new rear tire if they get in on time, hehe.

So far, the dealership has been great with helping out on keeping the beastie breathing fine. Mighty fine.

I've decided I've got a **** dealer. I called hime sat and said "oh yeah, we got the notice of recall----bring your bike in a leave it and we will order the parts" He also said "dont ride the bike at all until we replace the parts" I dont think so. He did not have the parts and wanted me to leave the bike with him until he could get the parts in. There is no way Suzuki can make you stop riding your bike until they decide to get the parts. Has anyone heard of a blown motor because of this? I told him to get the parts in and then I would bring the bike in and wait on it. I think this is my last bike from this dealer---he just does not give a damn.

Bulletins are posted at Ranger's site Hayabusaonline.com

Thank you Ranger, I don't know how many times they were sent to this site but nobody wants to post them HERE at Hayabusa.org

earl: kinda sounds like your dealer needs your bike for show. did he have any other busa on the showroom floor? i think you did the right thing. i'd tell him he was ate up......lol

My 'Busa has done 10,700 miles since April and I have just had the offical Suzuiki recall notice. Although I have had no problems, I am "easy" on machines so despite the high mileage may not be a true representation.
Will have the mod performed on Friday.

Stopped in to the dealer on Friday. 1/2 hour later I was riding out with the modified tensioner. No guide changes are needed. Its external only.
Bob

Ya know Frank----I think youre right. I bought my bike back in Aug. and it was the last Busa he was going to get. I really believe he was going to us it for a showroom draw. What a **** .

Back