IS SUZUKI GOING SOFT?

OB_Jaffie1

Registered
recently i experienced a tear in the front fender after a high speed pass. I returned the bike to the dealer who took the fender off the bike and contacted SUZUKI. The dealer informed me that the SUZUKI REP stated the speed limit is 55mph in Illinois and as long as I do not exceed the speed limit the fender will hold up! I was also informed by the dealer that SUZUKI held a meeting on 9 FEB 00 and that SUZUKI instructed the dealers not to waranty any vibrations caused by bad chains? It would appear to me that SUZUKI is aware of a problem with the chains being inadequate, but SUZUKI does not want to fix the problem! Does anyone know of a SUZUKI REP I can contact for some help in this matter or maybe the dealer is just strokin me?

Call US Suzuki in Brea CA.
Talk to customer relation dept.
PS; Be as nice as you can.No foul Words
and No mention of Laywer,Sue, Court ect..

Was your chain also acting up ? My bike has about 4000 miles, and numerous trips through the quarter mile. Chain ok....... ..My battery decided it wasn't going to hold a charge, for more that a day, or two. Dealer is replacing it under warranty. I heard of some other people with battery problems. They thought their alarm was draining it, but my bike does not have alarm. Anyone else out there with battery problems ?

Your suzuki dealer is a jerking you around. My suzuki dealer knows I ride my bike fast and they say that is what the bike is made to do.........They have no problem with me riding the bike the way it was intended..............if it breaks they will fix it................period..........

A comment on the chain: the chain is not aligned perfectly with the front sprocket. My rear axle is perfectly aligned, and when I put the chain alignment tool, the end of the rod (about 18") was hanging a little bit to the left, instead of in the middle of the chain (it'n not much though). That means that the front sproket is shifted to the right in relation to the rear one.
On your dealer, tell them why the hell they advertise the bike to go 194 mph if they going to warrant it to only 55? Honestly, it seems that the fender was loose to begin with, because it's pretty sturdy. Check ALL your bolts yourself before engaging in another high speed thrill. I found a few loose.

THE MOTORHEAD, it is not entirely true that chain is not covered by waranty. Chains, like break pads have expected life, and if they wear off way before their time and there is no evidence of abuse, you better believe that Suzuki will replace them. There were people on this board who had this problem with chains and Suzuki did foot the bill. If I remember correctly, there was a bad lot of chains that they were using in the early production. Because of the post like yours I paid for the rear break pads that were completely worn after 2,500 miles only to find out later that there were people who had them fixed under the warranty.

Just a added note the Chain started vibrating at 1000 miles and the dealer did find that one of the bolts that attaches the fender was stripped out. I also must mention I am not a hole shot rider I hate wheelies but i do run hard from 3rd gear on up and love the big end!

55 isn't the speed limit everywhere so tell your dealer to stick it up his a** and phone Suzuki on them. Pr*cks like this should pay the price instead of always stickin it to guys like us. Thats what we have a government for. To stick it to us I mean. I'd be damned if I would let them play me like that.

FUNNY SUZUKI REP WOULD NOT WARRANTY MY BUSA OR THE SALES MANAGERS OF THE DEALERS CHAIN AND IF THEY CHOOSE TO GOODWILL OT THATS DIFFERENT BUT OBLIGATED THEY ARE not.THIS IS USUALLY DONE IF THEY HAVE A RECALL ON A BAD BATCH LIKE KAW HAD NOT SO LONG AGO.

Re: My Post Above: Got my bike back today, 4pm PST. Old battery, replaced with new one, under warranty. No cost, no drama. Again, has anyone had battery get weak, or not hold a good charge ?

Good Luck. I know I have a bad attitude in dealing with Suzuki given that they stiffed me on my grenaded 1300. All I will say is if youre dealer doesnt stand behind you, you have little chance of getting satisfaction at higher levels. Sad but true.

First on the battery if it was not properly serviced to begin with it most lickly not last more than 3 months.This is common due to some dealers want you out the door NOW>

On the drive chain technically speaking the chain is not covered due to it is a wear out item like clutch or brake pads and tires.
also due to they are a shelf part(meaning they are not manufactured by Suzuki the would have to be Questioned before authorized
Most chain problem I encounterd were due to improper adjustment especially when combined with hard accel.
the chains did and still dure strech right off the bat and most dealers either did not test ride due to customer did not want it
done or did not check the chain after the inital test ride and the chain was too loose and either broke or snaped teeth or worse the customer or so called mechanic would adjust it too tight causing a tight spot.
what I just decribed above would not be warranty.

MR CHEESE, would the battery problem be caused from improper initial charging.

A local service manager told me a new battery must be brought up to full charge before use without interuption of the charging process and to check with a hydrometer as to its progress.

Dealerships wanting to satisfy their anxious customers may only give the battery a quick charge and may build in a short battery life from such a procedure ??????

Whats the cheese on this charging business?

I know ni-cad batteries and others will only retain a charge level as high as its first charge. And subsequent chargings will not raise this level.

A common form of mischarging - People buy a new cordless phone and the instructions say to "Charge for 12 hours" how many people interrupt this charge and use the phone in the first half hour and them wonder why that $200 phone is a piece of Sh*t for the next year.

Thanx Johnnycheese for hanging out on this board. We really appreciate having a knowledgeable Dealer Wrench to give us the real word.

I just checked my fender bolts and chain stretch as a result of your post. I'm good so far.

Kaw Abuser;
the sealed batteries in the Busa and most other bikes use a specific gravity that is different than that of electrolite style batteries.
the batteries come with their own pack of special acid if you use the acid for conventinal batteries they last about 1 week.
the sealed battery must be filled with the proper acid pack and once the acid is drained in NOT repete NOT forced in the battery then the battery must absord the acid in to the plated and vent uncapped for approx. 30 min.
the battery is then capped and placed on a charger we use a 2 amp one for approx 1-3 hours depends on the battery once some time passes you disconncet the charger and let sit for 10 minutes then check open voltage on the battery( just the battery sitting on a bench check the voltage of the battery)
It should be 12.4 or higher now the battery is ready.the caps are nonremovable.
the plus is to the battery is higher AMPs.
for the size and the quick charging time if it goes dead.
I hope this helps
Johnnycheese.

Back