Suspension? - Do I really need valves

kairles

Donating Member
Registered
The suspension on the busa is getting kinda soft and sloppy. I figure its time to get some fresh fluid in the forks/shock. I also decided to get some springs, but Im not sold on the valves just yet. I mostly commute on the busa and try to hit the twisties once or twice a month. I also wanna do atleast 2 track days this year. I wondering if I really need to replace the valves or should I just run with the stockers?

If you change the spings its recommended to change the valves to match the new spring rate. You can change oil weight to compensate for this instead, but there's more trial and error with that.

Are you sure you need new springs? Set your sag and your sag numbers will tell whether or not a different spring is necessary. If your suspension is not bottoming or topping out, you probably don't need springs.

From my experience, if you weigh in at 200# or less you can make the stock suspension work pretty dang well. If you are a heavy weight, heavier fork springs may be in order. The shock should be fine. Balancing the chassy so the front and rear work in unison is probably the most important function.

I weight 300lbs that's why I'm getting new springs. Ive had the suspension adjusted a while back, and it was a night and day difference.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just go ahead and get it all done when you have the new springs done. You will just save all the way around. I am just waiting for the taxes to come in so I can have my suspension done.

Yeah, you need the valves. They create better flow for the fluid in your suspension system and gives you far better performance. At your size, it's going to matter a LOT.

--Wag--

Back