Suspension help

I would say Ohlins is one of the most expensive on the US market but I wouldn't say best. Talk to any of the tunning companies to really dig into their opinions on different shocks, etc. This is what they do all day long every day. Their opinions are a little less bias since they work with more than just one manufacturer.

Call:
Race Tech
GP suspension
Traxxion
Lindemann Engineering

There are alot of other shock sompanies also out there that put together very good products. Alot are on the other side of the pond so you've got to factor in that your paying more because of the shipping and limited availability in the US vs a so to say "better" product.

I did the same thing my Busa Buddy did here , but I drove to them! Nice poeple and a great product! They're also going to do my forks for me, just need to get the DA.... gas money!

Just had mine rebuilt by traxxion dynamics,custom built to my weight and the 6" stretch on my bike...total $250 give or take i forget the exact amount...the thing is beautiful,no need to spend 1k or more for a quality rear shock bro.sending my forks in if i dont sell the bike by winter.they will build it for any application,i had mine built for street use.

stock is black spring in pic and rebuilt is blue,theres a 1" spacer in there and the spring is rated for 1300lbs

This forum is awesome. This is the first thread I have posted and really appreciate all the help and opinions you guy posted. I think I am going to drop my forks and shock off at Race Tech and let them play with them. I was just wondering if anybody has used a Penske shock and how they like it. Thanks again

This forum is awesome. This is the first thread I have posted and really appreciate all the help and opinions you guy posted. I think I am going to drop my forks and shock off at Race Tech and let them play with them. I was just wondering if anybody has used a Penske shock and how they like it. Thanks again

I have to admit my previous opinion was tongue in cheek. :whistle:

I have Ohlins R&t forks and a SU 406 rear shock, both sprung for my weight. It was money well spent.

cheers
ken

:read: All this suspension stuff confuses the hell out of me:devil: So if i may, let me ask some of you suspension gurus this:learn: I'm 6'0" 250lbs +/-:whistle: i have an 08 busa that im stretching 4-6"(waiting on arm as i type), im lowering da front about an 1" and will use the strap to lower where needed from there @ the strip, soupy's adj links in rear....will lower where needed too....WILL my "stock" rear shock be aright to use on this set-up? I know people say "its best" to have suspension set up for rider & style of riding..... but being a BALLA ON A BUDGET:laugh: can and or will the rear shock be sufficient, and have the adjustment i'm going to demand of it? Thx for help fella's:beerchug:
BTW, sorry if i hijacked the thread, just thought this would be a good time/place to get schooled.

Just had mine rebuilt by traxxion dynamics,custom built to my weight and the 6" stretch on my bike...total $250 give or take i forget the exact amount...the thing is beautiful,no need to spend 1k or more for a quality rear shock bro.sending my forks in if i dont sell the bike by winter.they will build it for any application,i had mine built for street use.

stock is black spring in pic and rebuilt is blue,theres a 1" spacer in there and the spring is rated for 1300lbs

Hey dev, It was only 250.00 to get your rear shock set up AND valved, or just for the spring and spacer ??? Did you take the bike to them, or just send them the shock and tell them what you wanted? Did or do you know what there going to charge you to do the forks? Sorry for the 20 questions, just trying to sponge up as much info as possible from people that are in the know! Thank you Sir in advance:bowdown:

Sort of on topic. Is the 08 shock any better than the Gen 1 shock as a starting point for a revalve/respring? I recall reading somewhere that the Gen 2 shock had a larger diameter shaft and stiffer valving than the Gen 1? If it is a better starting point does all of the Valving etc. for the Gen 1 shocks transfer? I am thinking about buying a new Gen 2 shock and having GP Suspension redo it for me this winter along with my lowly Gen 1 forks. Speaking of which has anyone on here put Gen 2 front end on a Gen 1 yet?

RaceTech's stuff is better than stock :beerchug:

+million!!

I had race tech rebuild and it worked for canyons and occasional trackdays. That'll be more than sufficient.

However, when you TRULY wanna step up your track riding and possibly get into racing: GET THE ELKA 3 way adjustable; high and low speed compression damping with remote preload adjuster and ride height clevis adjuster. I dropped almost 20 seconds off my laptime, from a year ago, at Miller Motorsports Park this past weekend just. The Elka provided tons of confidence. The only real draw back is that the Elka will reveal ALL the front end weaknesses. I need a complete fork rebuild with much better valving. But it'll be best if I just get trick internals to compensate for the Elka. The cool thing about the Elka is that you can adjust and compensate your geometry according to your tires. It doesn't even feel like the same bike I bought from the dealer anymore. It's starting to feel like a real racebike now.

I just installed racetech gold valves and springs. I can't believe the difference. If I bought a new busa I think I would change to racetech right away rather than wear out stock first.

how much did it cost you, and who installed it? i'm thinking about getting the front spring done ( i was told to do this when i got suspension tuned by a race tech dude ), but have no idea what's involved.

Back