Suspension help

Narcissus

Hayabusa Immortal
Registered
I did some searching and want to make sure I have the right info. It looks like I want the 1.0 kg/mm springs from racetech and 15W fluid (~190 lbs without gear).

What else should I get. Is re-valving worth it?
rock.gif

PS, I have the link to the DIY guide for fluid / spring changing already.

Looks like forks have been my problem in cornering all along and I never knew it.

(bigoltool @ Jun. 15 2007,15:27) I am assuming you started here.
http://www.racetech.com/evalvin....english

If not, they have Spring rate calculators etc. that are a good starting point. I really want to do this (springs and valves) in the near future.

Let me know how this turns out man!
beerchug.gif
Yep. Went there.
smile.gif

That's it, then, right? Springs and fluid?

My seals aren't leaking, but I do have 44K on the clock.
rock.gif

How hard do you ride the twisties. If you're dragg'in kneee, I would spend the $$ for revalving. Or if the extra $$ doesn't hurt your pocketbook, get the revalving.

Agree with Charles. If you got the $ get the valves. Even if you dont, try to call a favor in or something
smile.gif
Seals...you can swap springs and fluid w/o seals...but if the seals go, you have to tear it open and replace fluid anyway...maybe not all of it, if you syringe it out, but food for thought.

Don't bother with the springs if ya aren't going to do the valves too
crazy.gif

Agree with Rich. From what I've read, the valves make a huge difference.

Also, if you find a local suspension guy who has a good rep, it might cost you only slightly more to have them do the work for you than it costs just to buy the parts from RaceTech and do it yourself. If you have to buy the spring compression tool, I'd suggest it in a big way.

Have fun! You're going to love the way this works out for ya! Oh, and btw, do the shock, too. You'll need it done as well. If you don't, the rear may have a tendency to step out on you a bit because the rear stock won't be able to keep up with the new front forks.

--Wag--

Check out gpsuspension.com

They resprung and revalved my forks to my weight and riding specs.

It made a huge difference. No more front end dive on hard breaking, much smoother tracking on bumpy roads, and solid feel on the twisties.

Easily worth the $500 to me.

I got replacement springs from Traxxion Dynamics for about $100. You can also buy the fork tools from them for a very reasonable price. They also recommend a different fluid weight and fluid level than stock.

Back