shock springs

G

was looking at the racetech website and with my weight and my bike they recommend 1.2 kg springs for the front forks, but the back they cant tell me anything except that they offer a 13,13.5, and 14kg spring. i weigh 305.. what spring rate should i be looking at? just curious if anyone else my size went this route. harder the better since i am planning on track days galore nex tseason

I am not sure with Racetech.

Probably the best person to answer that is Mike at Traxxion Dynamics. Send him a PM at Speed3Boy.

I think it's either a .95N or 1.0N for a guy your size (I'm in the same boat).

Mike is probably the best person to ask, but he would probably know the answer only for the shocks they sell (Ohlin, Penske, Elka). Not sure if that's what you're looking at buying.

Good luck. Post the answer if you don't mind...

I think it's either a .95N or 1.0N for a guy your size (I'm in the same boat).

Mike is probably the best person to ask, but he would probably know the answer only for the shocks they sell (Ohlin, Penske, Elka).  Not sure if that's what you're looking at buying.

Good luck.  Post the answer if you don't mind...
Mike also sells Hyperpro springs for the stock shock.

I have one and I tip the scales at 340. Mine is an 1100lb spring me thinks......

thanks i'll PM him. im looking at keeping stock components and just swapping springs, putting a gsxr 600 swingarm on it, raise it an inch, and put the 180 tire out back
smile.gif
should be a fun track toy then lol.

thanks i'll PM him. im looking at keeping stock components and just swapping springs, putting a gsxr 600 swingarm on it, raise it an inch, and put the 180 tire out back
smile.gif
should be a fun track toy then lol.
Sounds like we like to ride the same way. I have considered a 600 arm on mine. I am just looking for a good used one.

Let me know how your works out and I would love to see some pics after the install.

I have mine raised 1" in the rear. I bought the shock used and I am having Traxxion install the shock and their Axxiom fork upgrade kit as soon as I can get free on a Friday.

I will be ready for another track day at Road Atlanta in April.

im trying to find one with the pivot actually. still looking ...
smile.gif

Back