Busa front springs=WEAK

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
I know this has already been mentioned many times especially by Jinks.

I was just at the http://www.racetech.com checking out spring rates from my Gixxers' Forks and shock. While I was doing that, I thought it would be fun to see exactly the spring rates of the stock Busa configurations and compare it to my existing body weight of 230 lbs.

According to race tech, Busa front spring rates are measured at .850 kg/mm. That means the Busa is sprung for a 85-90 lb rider (don't know if that's fully geared or even the tiny pipsqueek is gonna have problems setting up rider sag  
laugh.gif

My 230lb frame would need a spring rate of 1.08 kg/mm to get the proper setup!!! Quite a difference over stock. Kinda makes me wanna get another Busa and get the right springs and high performance valves just to see how agile she would be. Add to it Brembo Master cylinder, calipers, good racing compound rubber. She be quite the track monster.  
cool.gif

No expert, will probably be doing an upgrade this year. I hang with everyone around here, but had my azz handed to me in WVa .
beerchug.gif

The are a couple of links here to my own fork project.

The stock busa is set up for a 165 lb. rider, as I recall. If you're 230, you'll benefit a great deal from the RaceTech setup.

Also, do the rear shock while you're at it. You'll be glad you did!

More linky thingies.

Er, it seems like there was more but I can't find 'em now.

Hmmmmmmm.

Anyway, have fun!

--Wag--

Yeah, you're a heavy guy. Your riding can be enhanced with this mod.

--Wag--

I'm 180lbs wet(w/gear) and using .95 spring rate to get proper sag in the front forks.  The rear shock's spring is fine for my weight.

My 7fitty's forks are sprung for a 180lbs rider(wet) and its shock is sprung for a 220lbs rider(wet)  
wow.gif

Back