Need Front Springs Specs for 08 Busa

FastLaneKen

Never Forgotten
Interesting
I took my 08 Busa to Lee's Cycle here in San Diego to adjust my Suspension
And since I weight about 250 pds I knew I would be needing to replace the front springs with something stronger

After a few days of research Lee's stated they cannot find the front spring specs anywhere as to what is the standard springs in the 08 Busa? Which is werid since these guys are racers and seem to know their stuff

Does anyone have a source for this info?

My other option is for them to take the old ones out measure them and then order the new springs to match my weight and size.

Any help here would be great

Thanks for the input, and yes that is what they are recommending.
But they stated there are different lengths of springs in different bikes and they cannot tell what the original length of spring is in the 08 Busa and they are much softer then the Gen I Busa's so they just want to make sure before they order and install them - does that make sense?
Ken
It doesn't matter what the stock springs are...order new ones for your weight and riding style.

1.0kg should work for your weight...1.1kg at the most :beerchug:

Spring Rate Calculation

Check with...

Traxxion Dynamics
GP Suspensions
Racetech
Linndeman Engineering
Ohlins

They all sell the spring and valve kits...the first four you can ship your forks to them and they will install the parts too...not sure if Ohlins will install parts.

Well I called RaceTech and they stated they do not have the spec's nor the springs for the 08 Busa?

I checked some of the other sites you mentioned and the 08 is still not listed.

I have the Dealer calling around for me - what the guys at Lee's want to know - so they can set my bike up properly for my weight is.......

Spring Length = Confirmed at 257.2m
Spring limit = Confirmed at 252m
Outside Spring Diameter Confirmed at 43m
Inside Spring Diameter ????
Spring Rate ???

I should have the answer to the last two points tomorrow from the dealers calls to "Progressive" (he thinks) or the factory if needed.

It appears all this is still very new and uncharted waters for the 08

Sorry about opening up this can of worms. But man, will your bike be more rideable when it gets all ironed out. Give em hell Ken.

Lamb
Yes its all your fault for showing me how bad my settings were during our ride a few weeks ago :whistle:

But I really must thank you as you are are first local Busa rider to give me some sound advice on setting up this beast properly.

I cannot wait until I get all this sorted out. My plan is to have Lee's pull the bike apart next week and just measure everything then place the proper spring order and then complete the settings.

It will all be worth it now that I know how SOFT my springs really are especially under braking and in the corners

Sorry about opening up this can of worms. But man, will your bike be more rideable when it gets all ironed out. Give em hell Ken.

Jeremy will have it figured out. That guy is a genius!! And a helluva AWESOME racer!!

Yes I agree with you.
I have been going to Lee's for many years and I feel much better dealing with people like Jeremy and the boys who are [Racers] first-and-for-most and know their ****.

Jeremy will have it figured out. That guy is a genius!! And a helluva AWESOME racer!!

Back