Spring Rates

tnas

Registered
I have a 2000 Busa, extended swingarm 6". I want to run it at stock heights even though it has lowering links with heim joints. I weigh 190 and have an occasional passenger. Does anyone have information on rear spring rates?
I am told the rear spring is a 900lb stock and should have a 1300 or 1400 lb spring? I just got the bike and am going to keep the swingarm but remove the lowering links and tie down strap.
any help would be appreciated--by the way it has a turbo and nitrous so I want it to hook up as much as possible. I tried calling Race-tech but the girl was of no help.
thanks.

At stock height you shouldn't have any issue with rubbing/bottoming out with factory spring, mine is at 8.5 over and didn't have issues with bottoming out until lowered 2 inches
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not gonna address anything else from your post, but goldenchild could help you with a spring and trac-dave as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

"Common Sense" Ok-I'll bite.
Background in car racing and motocross so I'll go with the fact that the more travel you have in any suspension the more ' absorption ' you have to track straighter and more stable therefore improving your handling and quality of ride. If you hit a bump and everything is strapped down the the bike/you get thrown around. Unless you are only going down a 1/4 mile of perfect road I guess I just don't understand why I would eliminate 3/4 of all my suspension movement. But hey I am probably not as fast as you guys anyway. I will ride it both ways to see which is better. Thanks to B@da$$08bus@ for a "common sense" usuable answer. :moon:

A strap isn't meant to run on the street. Links usually have a stock setting. Spring help can be had from trac-dave or goldenchild. And a few others. Trac dynamics has a chart that may be helpful on there website. Good luck riding an extended turbo nitrous bike at stock height.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Matt-I knoew i am missing something in regards to the links and strap etc.
First bike of this type and yes I know its not what I am use to. I've not ridden something lowered or something with a strap and am trying to get it figured out before I get it out on the road. The dealer I got it from replaced the rear tire and said it looked like the tire rubbed so that is initially why I am asking about the spring rates. I did try Race tech butwith no real help. I will try to contact those guys for some advice to se if I am far off . Tx/ Al

This is about springs not common sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude, I thought you were the expert on springs?

Just have him crank in a few turns of preload and stiffen that puppy right up! :thumbsup:

I have a 2000 Busa, extended swingarm 6". I want to run it at stock heights even though it has lowering links with heim joints. I weigh 190 and have an occasional passenger. Does anyone have information on rear spring rates?
I am told the rear spring is a 900lb stock and should have a 1300 or 1400 lb spring? I just got the bike and am going to keep the swingarm but remove the lowering links and tie down strap.
any help would be appreciated--by the way it has a turbo and nitrous so I want it to hook up as much as possible. I tried calling Race-tech but the girl was of no help.
thanks.

Cloud Nine Motorsports

call Daniel

888 959 FAST

he'll hook ya up

Daniel will be able to help you out. He is very knowledgeable. He helped me out greatly when I was having some issues with my exhaust system. He has great customer service.

Thanks I will give Daniel a call- I appreciate it.
Simple question--are most guys running their bikes lowered and if so only if they are extended? I do have 6" entended swingarm but have the stock also. I am more of a turner as opposed to a straight line guy but I did buy this for the straight line / top end shot. I've had multiple GSXR's and years ago read an article on a Busa w/a turbo and I quote from that article " for $15K You can outrun most Indy Cars ! " Had to have one !
Bad thig I see is most of the Guys getting hurt on them seem to be my age --50+ .
I gues when I see that number I am OLD !

I sent Goldenchild my spring rate and it worls VERY well. A 15.2kg spring from Racetech. It would easily handle your setup. Good Luck and let us know what you end up getting and how it works.:thumbsup:

Back