Suday ride turns ugly

I kept the tool kit in Train all the time and never needed it. Left the tool kit in the 10 for a while and then took it out. Not long after I took it out I had a bolt fall out of my shift linkage (forgot to use loctite and couldn't tighten it like I wanted to due to rounding out head on bolt). If I'd had the tool kit along (or my bud on the 6RR had had his along) I could probably have found a bolt somewhere else on the bike to scavenge and get me through the ride... or home. Instead I ended up sending my bud to a parts store nearby to get some zipties to hold it together to limp home in fourth gear without shifting.

Needless to say, the tool kit is back in the trunk, along with a few misc. bolts of various sizes and some zip ties. You'll only have to get stranded once to realize the value of the factory kit.
wink.gif

I kept the tool kit in Train all the time and never needed it. Left the tool kit in the 10 for a while and then took it out. Not long after I took it out I had a bolt fall out of my shift linkage (forgot to use loctite and couldn't tighten it like I wanted to due to rounding out head on bolt). If I'd had the tool kit along (or my bud on the 6RR had had his along) I could probably have found a bolt somewhere else on the bike to scavenge and get me through the ride... or home. Instead I ended up sending my bud to a parts store nearby to get some zipties to hold it together to limp home in fourth gear without shifting.

Needless to say, the tool kit is back in the trunk, along with a few misc. bolts of various sizes and some zip ties. You'll only have to get stranded once to realize the value of the factory kit.
wink.gif
Alright BT...time for a bit 'o bullshid for ya.
tounge.gif
Two questions:

1) You mean neither one of you nasties had your tool kits?
and
2) What are the zip ties really for?...I've seen a few things in the news lately.
wow.gif

i want to know why his block cracked i have a 2000 now im worried how many miles did it have? did it have regular maintenance oil changes? if you find out why let us know so i can look out for it.

You can replace some of the crap tools Suzuki gives you with a nice kit too. Thats what I did recently.
(Wait, did I say something Suzuki gives us is crap???)
LOL!

Glad to hear it didnt turn into wrecks! Oil shooting out is all bad!

If you don't carry anything else, take a cellphone. Probably goes without saying, but the cellphone is the universal tool
smile.gif

Of course it presumes you are in a location with service...

"Can you hear me now? ... Hello? ... (crap...)"

wink.gif
Alright BT...time for a bit 'o bullshid for ya.
tounge.gif
Two questions:

1) You mean neither one of you nasties had your tool kits?
and
2) What are the zip ties really for?...I've seen a few things in the news lately.
wow.gif
Nope, we had both taken out our tool kits. And the zip ties are for holdin' shid off the ground, like shift rods, in the even something comes loose and I have to limp it home.
wink.gif

Now, what have I missed on the news?
rock.gif
I haven't seen/heard anything about zipties on there...

wink.gif

how about using the allen wrenches in the tool kit to remove the fairing bolts to discover why the engine is smoking really bad?

If you don't carry anything else, take a cellphone. Probably goes without saying, but the cellphone is the universal tool
smile.gif

Of course it presumes you are in a location with service...

"Can you hear me now? ... Hello? ... (crap...)"
Without a doubt, I *ALWAYS* charge my cell battery just before a ride and have it with me. I developed that habit when I was riding alone so much.
wink.gif

Umm, Check around, you should be able to buy a motor for not a whole lot of money. maybe even a speciall motor.

As for yanking the toolkit? I'd say yank that fuggin toolkit, and replace it with a good multi-plier and a Tire repair Kit. Worth Every Penny and you'll thank yourself for it.

keep the tool kit never know when might need it for something ....... dont yall watch macguyver
rock.gif
laugh.gif

That title would suggest something really bad had happened. Glad that wasn't the case. It will cost some to replace, but at least it can be.

My toolkit sits in my closet right next to my passenger seat (or hump, depending on what's on the back of my bike.)

I realized quickly that even if something happened and I had the toolkit...It would do me know good, cause I can't fix shlt. Hell, I still haven't figured out how to take off the fairings! (flame all you want, but everytime I took off the fairings on my old bike, I put them back on with one more scratch on them....so I have no problem paying ol' Suzuki to take off my fairings, caus I know they'll be repainting them if they put a scratch on 'em.)

Plus I saved like 5 lbs by taking that thing out!!!
smile.gif

Back