Suday ride turns ugly

Rongotti

Registered
Went for a ride today with some friends and some guys i didnt know. One other guy had a busa it was a blue and grey 00. He had made a comment about "showing me how to ride this thing" (in a smart ass way) and I thought nothing of it, he said he had purchased it for $3000, and was riding very aggresively with his girl on the back. We pulled on a long straight away and everyone pulls to the side of the road, his bike is smoking bad. The two guys behind him said he was shooting oil all over them. He didnt have his toolkit (which I found strange, who the hell would ride without it?
rock.gif
???) so I grabed mine and we removed the right front fairing. He had a 5 inch crack in his block, engine is completely shot. Said he had plenty of oil and was running synthetic. For those of you who dont beleive about karma, I didnt either untill now.
wow.gif

I didn't mean any offense with my comment.  Based on the jovial way we were chatting, I thought you knew I was messing around.  Yes indeed I was riding aggressively at times.  You must admit that I wasn't riding recklessly.

Sing it !

"It's a small world after all..."

_
It's not talking #### if you can back it up.

<!--EDIT|slammiam
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110774517 -->

If the motor is shot part the bike...you should be able to get 3k for it
cool.gif

Out of curiosity, what's the most uselful thing anyone has done with their toolkit while on the road? As in, has it ever come in handy? Mine stays at home because I'm not sure how it could ever help.

No you werent riding recklessly, I didnt mean for anyone to think that, I said aggressive and meant that. No offence taken I thought you were cool as #### and so was your girl, I was very sorry that happened. I always bite my tongue when I go to say something about my speed or skill, out of fear that it will lead to something bad. I found an engine for you for $3,300 so let me know if you need it, and dont mind the ride to Tampa

As for the tool kit...nope, never needed it while on the road and riding, but it stays in the tail in that handy little compartment with the handy little strap...just in case something like that were to happen. I mean, yes, most of us probably have a metric tool set at home that is far and away better than the tools in that little kit, but they will do in an emergency or pinch.

Sucks about the bike. Yeah, I 'spose karma is a funny thing.

Out of curiosity, what's the most uselful thing anyone has done with their toolkit while on the road?  As in, has it ever come in handy?  Mine stays at home because I'm not sure how it could ever help.
I've used mine twice, once for my bike(dealer did'nt tighten the battery cable) and once on another riders bike.

"Works for me"

I have used the TOOL kit many....many.....many times! Mostly on other peoples bikes but it saved me a couple times on my other Busa.

The bike had a master cylinder problem from the day I bought it and it left me on the side of the road a couple times. I pulled out the kit, bleeded the clutch and motored on to the dealer.

Plus on long rides you might have to adjust the chain from time to time. That is the biggest need for it. Plus, putting the TRE on/off for TOP SPEED blasts.

Anything could happen and it has saved me many times. I WON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT......NOPE!
wink.gif

Out of curiosity, what's the most uselful thing anyone has done with their toolkit while on the road? As in, has it ever come in handy? Mine stays at home because I'm not sure how it could ever help.
I too usually leave mine home. I have never found a good use for it. Yeah you can remove the fairing... you're not going to replace anything major on the side of the road.

I put a bunch o' other stuff in my toolkit, ratchet, couple sockets, pliers allen key set...I carry mine as much for other riders as for me. Sorry about the bike Slammie. How long did you have the bike? That is a pretty significant crack to have developed sudenly...might want to go back to the source and see what's up?

Back