StreetShark's Hayabusa

Would this be the equivalent of a linear rate link?
What’s pictured would be yes. I actually don’t know how much I like this design after test fitting what my idea was for the lowering links. I have made some revisions and need to do some more test fitting. The final may be somewhere in between the OEM style and what would be considered a more linear style. I have an interesting solution that I want to test before saying anything more

What’s pictured would be yes. I actually don’t know how much I like this design after test fitting what my idea was for the lowering links. I have made some revisions and need to do some more test fitting. The final may be somewhere in between the OEM style and what would be considered a more linear style. I have an interesting solution that I want to test before saying anything more
Well ill say this on linear links. Gonna need stiffer springs for the same feel. The oem rising rate has a wide range of conditions it will work in but linear needs much stiffer springs to keep the performance and feel. Definitely more predictable though

Prototype coming soon. These new brackets will be compatible with all years Hayabusa. Made from 6061 aluminum this time.

Screen Shot 2023-12-21 at 5.23.59 AM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2023-12-21 at 5.25.09 AM.jpeg

I was working on some parts that required the bike to be immobile for a while. I ended up deciding to shelf those ideas for now and get it back in rolling condition to get testing on my kickstand bracket going. I really need to get to work so I can get everything running right and dialed in for the couple air strip events I plan to attend.

The prototype bracket weighed in at 3.57oz as compared to 13.8 for the OEM bracket. I have not had the hardware manufactured for it yet. I should probably get those files sent out tonight.

IMG_6554.jpeg

IMG_6555.jpeg

IMG_6557.jpeg

Also, the new tank bracket prototype is currently in production and I expect it to get back to me towards the end up next week for testing.

Will the bracket increase the angle for the kickstand and will it work with both stock and aftermarket stands?
The bracket increases the angle for the kickstand in 2 directions.

It allows the stand to rotate further forward so the bike has a little more backward pressure and shouldn’t rock off the stand. (You’ll notice the stop tab is beefed up in my design to account for more pressure being applied in that location)

It also has an increased outward angle as well.

I’m sure a stock stand will work just fine with it although I do not even own one anymore and have not tried it. Brock’s fits just fine and that fit fine on my own bracket so I think backwards compatibility would apply.

That being said though, this product does not include a location to mount the kickstand switch and will require it to be deleted. I imagine that someone using a stock stand would still have the switch and may not be so race oriented as what the target would be for this.

The bracket increases the angle for the kickstand in 2 directions.

It allows the stand to rotate further forward so the bike has a little more backward pressure and shouldn’t rock off the stand. (You’ll notice the stop tab is beefed up in my design to account for more pressure being applied in that location)

It also has an increased outward angle as well.

I’m sure a stock stand will work just fine with it although I do not even own one anymore and have not tried it. Brock’s fits just fine and that fit fine on my own bracket so I think backwards compatibility would apply.

That being said though, this product does not include a location to mount the kickstand switch and will require it to be deleted. I imagine that someone using a stock stand would still have the switch and may not be so race oriented as what the target would be for this.
Thanks for that explanation.

The kickstand bracket fits great and works like it's supposed to but I'm worried it isn't strong enough. My bike is completely stripped down right now, and even when it's all put together it's very lightweight compared to most other Hayabusa builds out there that would be potential customers for this product.

I believe the bracket is flexing a bit under the weight of the bike and may be exaggerated as compared to the OEM bracket due to the modified angle of the lower portion. To combat this, I've made a slight adjustment to the design by adding a rib through the center. I liked having the Falkonworks logo where it was but this rib is more important I believe and only adds .05 oz. I may leave the logo out but I'm going to play around with placements to see if something looks right.

The renders below also show the redesigned mounting hardware. I ditched the cross drilled bulky looking bolts for a more low profile design. These bolts weigh almost exactly the same as the original design and look more simple and clean.

KSB-H fast render 2.png

KSB-H fast render 1.png

Played around with logo placement since there is a rib running through the old location. I kind of dig this new location and it's less obvious which I like a little more because maybe not everyone wants a large logo pasted right on the front. I also beefed up the vertical support just above the rear upper stand stopper. I think switching to 7075 over 6061 would be the move to make here as well. I think the support rib and the harder material will fix the flexing issue.

ksb-h fast render new logo.png

New KSB design sample is in production and should be back in a couple weeks. Tank Bracket sample is almost completed and should hopefully be here by the end of the week. Waiting on information for the hardware.

As I’m waiting for all of this stuff, I’m working on a few new parts to pass the time. I received an OEM part for Gen 3 that I plan to test/modify/reverse engineer for Gen 2 and make my own soon. We’ll see how that goes.

Test printed a brake side foot peg/bracket that is non adjustable and therefore much lighter than any adjustable option out there. I modeled it based off of the maxed out location on the Vortex rear sets + and extra 5mm offset for exhaust clearance.

I kinda like it

IMG_6708.jpeg

IMG_6705.jpeg

Also this is the most recent iteration of the KSB design.

In addition to the large vertical rib in the center, I added some inner chamfers that sort of mirror the lower portion, and a vertical rib on either side as well.

Total weight was only increased by about .1oz from these changes and total weight is still under 4oz.

ksb-h triple rib clean view 1.png

ksb-h triple rib clean view 2.png

Back