StreetShark's Hayabusa

Got caught at the car show today

70C54EF6-0A25-4148-9019-24AE246C70F9.jpeg

48A746AC-7895-467F-8F8B-83ACFF3C6331.jpeg

5AA0D4AF-676E-4A39-9188-5CA6E0185A8E.jpeg

I've been gone for a while....

Blew my motor last August and the bike has been down since.

I was asked to display my bike at Mama Tried in February even though it was not in running condition. I got the BST on the bike and all reassembled for the show.

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

IMG_9800.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

My bike has been sitting since, until in the last two weeks I have swapped a new stock engine into the bike and Brocks CT Single.

IMG_3512.jpg

I have started working on a bracket design for the exhaust since I no longer have the passenger foot pegs.

IMG_3566.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

And I have finally started working on the real design for my key delete for the tail/trunk latch. I have designed a piece is a direct drop in replacement of the lock cylinder, and it reuses the OEM cable bracket and the retaining clip that holds everything together. It is a simple twist knob that will release the hump/passenger seat.

I currently have an updated knob design running in my printer right now as I did not find the knurling on the original test piece to have enough grip.

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

My plan once I have everything operating and looking the way I like will be to have this piece machined from aluminum for a nice finish and longevity over the 3D print.

I see you running the stock shocker , thought you would of already had one of these ( pic below ) from DME for your beast . My mate scored one of their air race shock from them , loves it , says its absolutely the best .

Are you running a rear BST as well now ? Bike is looking quick at that show , despite engine .
No not yet. I got the front one for R&D for some ideas I had that ended up not going anywhere. I have considered even getting rid of the BST and going with Core Moto even though I dont particularly like the company. I think some raw machined and clear anodized wheels would look cool on my bike.

I see you running the stock shocker , thought you would of already had one of these ( pic below ) from DME for your beast . My mate scored one of their air race shock from them , loves it , says its absolutely the best .

I want one of those as well but just haven't gotten around to it yet

Finally got around to making some lightning weave handlebars, and I will be installing them along with the Unit 5 clip ons. I have plans to swap the Unit 5 parts for the new Alif clamp eventually, but this setup will do for now. I've been sitting on this material for almost a year now. I think it looks really cool.

IMG_3616.jpg

Prototype 2 of my lock cylinder delete is a success. I tweaked my original 3D printed design and had it machined from 6061. I added 2 ceramic bearings for the shaft to rotate within, and it operates very smoothly. I will be getting one more prototype to show surface finish of the final production pieces, and I will opening up a group buy for these. The production pieces will be bead blasted and anodized black.

They have been confirmed to fit Gen 2 and 3 Hayabusa so far. Waiting on confirmation for Gen 1, and then will be testing GSX-R as well.

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

I finally was able to get a mold produced and pull a real part out for my first grip design.

The plan will be to produce these in black, but I did not have the correct pigment for this rubber on hand so I mixed up some grey instead. Firmness is very similar to that of the OEM Hayabusa grips. I kind of like the grey so I may offer grey but a darker version, and also black when it’s all said and done.

IMG_4673.jpeg

Another current project,

This time I’m working on a kickstand mount replacement that will be machined from 6061.

What I’m showing here in this post is the base geometry to align everything. I will be making a few slight changes to the swing of the stand and the angle that it kicks out to allow our bikes to more safely sit on the stand, especially after lowering. I will also be removing extra material after running some simulations.

The final version will likely drop roughly 10-12oz.

9B755B24-03C7-4D63-82AF-B7ADB212D771.jpeg

A3ECAC7D-0E0A-424C-8C13-7A56DCDA9EA3.jpeg

IMG_3918.jpeg

Another current project,

This time I’m working on a kickstand mount replacement that will be machined from 6061.

What I’m showing here in this post is the base geometry to align everything. I will be making a few slight changes to the swing of the stand and the angle that it kicks out to allow our bikes to more safely sit on the stand, especially after lowering. I will also be removing extra material after running some simulations.

The final version will likely drop roughly 10-12oz.

View attachment 1672539

View attachment 1672540

View attachment 1672541
Sign me up man! I also just got onto your Instagram page. Do you have a time frame of when you'll be releasing those carbon fiber fuel tank brackets?

Sign me up man! I also just got onto your Instagram page. Do you have a time frame of when you'll be releasing those carbon fiber fuel tank brackets?
I have a few projects I’m getting out of the way before I start on the brackets again. Early 2024 I would say. Last sample for the lock cylinder delete will be here tomorrow for test fitment and I’ll be doing a group buy for the first run after that.

Back