strange issue with gear indicator

hemi

Registered
last few times out, start the bike to warm it up for a few, pull out of the garage and kick it into first. The gear indicator fluctuates for just a second or two, indicating 1, then 2, then back to 1. Does it very quickly for a few seconds. Have never noticed this before. Doesn't do it while warmed up and in traffic or anything, kicking it back into first from neutral. Only does it sometimes when she's bone cold and i warm it up for a few. Could it be the hid ballasts causing some interference? Or maybe since the tranny isn't completely warm it's not fully engaging into first?

I dont have hid and mine has done it with 3rd and 4th. I would put it in 3rd and itd tell me 4th for a couple secs and then straighten itself out. I posted about it and others have had the same thing. I havent noticed it for a little while though so I believe it stopped. I wouldnt worry about it though.

Every once in a while mine would jump from 1 to 2 just before I shifted from 1 to 2. Then works fine. I can't seem to duplicate it, just catch it happening sometimes.

I dont have hid and mine has done it with 3rd and 4th. I would put it in 3rd and itd tell me 4th for a couple secs and then straighten itself out. I posted about it and others have had the same thing. I havent noticed it for a little while though so I believe it stopped. I wouldnt worry about it though.
I had the same thing but it's gone away, so I haven't worried about it.

My 08 did it between 1st and 2nd for a couple of days last year but no problems since ??

Disconnect the battery ground for a few minutes. Reconnect the ground and see if it helps.

Mine has done it for a while now. Just like yours too, when its cold. Sometimes it will say 3 instead of 2 when I upshift. but after it warms up she is just fine.

I have the same issue before it was with all gears except for 6th, now its just 3rd gear it will show blank or 4th 09 with 18k miles. I really thought i was the only one with this issue

my 06 gsxr 1000 has started doing that same thing. havent been too worried about it. probably have it sold at the end of the week so it wont be my problem after that anyway.

MY 2008 with 38000 km has started doing this. Seemed to happen shortly after I mounted Gilles rear sets or thereaabouts

last few times out, start the bike to warm it up for a few, pull out of the garage and kick it into first. The gear indicator fluctuates for just a second or two, indicating 1, then 2, then back to 1. Does it very quickly for a few seconds. Have never noticed this before. Doesn't do it while warmed up and in traffic or anything, kicking it back into first from neutral. Only does it sometimes when she's bone cold and i warm it up for a few. Could it be the hid ballasts causing some interference? Or maybe since the tranny isn't completely warm it's not fully engaging into first?

08, 18,000 + miles, my bike just starting doing this about 2 months ago or at least that's when I noticed it.

mine sometimes doesnt show any numbers, just shows a blank where the gear number should show up. Then I release the clutch a lil bit and it will pop in gear and show which gear its in.. strange.. doesnt happen often.. just once in a while and its hard to replicate it. hasn't caused me any problems knock on wood. But def. a good idea to put it on the org as it helps to get more feedback from other fellow orgsters.

Back