Gear indicator malfunctioning

majestic12

Hunting Kawasakis
Donating Member
Registered
My bike is a stock 2008 with 9560 miles. It has never had a tre.

I took it out yesterday after months of no riding due to a shoulder injury (not related to the bike) . When I shift into first the gear indicator shows one, as it should. If I bring the rpms past 6000 the indicator would show 2 for a moment. Same thing in second. When I would blip the throttle with to down shift it would show 3 then 2 and, when I would shift it into first it would show 1.

The gears never slipped and there was no false neutrals.

I was wondering if anyone had this happen. I don't exactly how the bike determines gear position, if any one could tell me it would help diagnose the issue. A funky gear indicator I can live with, I am just worked it will give my bike the wrong timing and fuel curves for that moment.

Could it be it just needs to work the sensor loose because it sat for 4 months where I could only look at it? After all it is hard to ride in a sling.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

A few of the GEN2's seem to have the gear position indicator act up after sitting for a while ( including mine after last winter) ride it a little while and it should start functioning better.

Good thanks for the info. I was starting to think the worst. After three years I couldn't believe I was the only one to run across this.

Back