Straight Pipes

I guess that I'm a Squid then. Sorry that I don't like what you do. BTW, if you don't like attention then buy a Honda and quit calling me a squid!
laugh.gif

As for the "general" public, I ride for me and not them. They already think that we are "nut bags" just for owning a Busa. It just didn't sound loud enough to send women and little children scurring for cover. Lighten up and have a little fun. Let people like something different from you. That's one of the reasons that you own a Busa anywhay.

straight pipes are over rated. just put a glass pack muffler on your busa and your set to go. just put some high test jet fuel in my busa. dont need straight pipes boss!

Not a squid but I love the attention that I get on my busa. I've just turn 28,000 miles on it and I put everyone of those on it!

I'll post a video this weekend.
actually the "straight pipes" do make you a squid... (squids like attention, good or bad)

Part of the "squid" persona (or maybe side effects) is to bring down the wrath of the pubic on sport bikers as a whole..

Only another squid wants to hear you ripping by on straight pipes, so at least you get to ride with your own kind... (sport riders are going to avoid you as they want to have fun, go fast and be ignored)
wtf.gif

If you do not abide by the " Mr.Bogus Gospel" of what a sport bike rider should be then you are a "Squid"....

He will jump on any opportunity to set you straight and explain to you the definition of a squid, so you do not attract attention from LEO's or cause undue stress upon the unsuspecting public, rabbits, ground squirrels, etc. with your life shattering, emotionally depressing, mind numbing sound coming from your bike... It does not matter if it just so happens that you think the sound your bike makes is the most awesome sound you have ever heard come from a bike..

Personally, I would have the Brock's Alien Head on my bike even if I were the only person that would ever hear it... It is what I like, it is what I want, and that is all that matters to me... To each his own..
winkold.gif

So as far as I am concerned, Mr. Bogus Sounds like just another conformist sheep to me...
kissass.gif

I wouldn't attack one person in particular for it, but this SQUID crap does get old. Way too many folks love to throw that around. As I've said before and I'll say it again, a SQUID is the hypocrite/moron that buys the worlds fastest motorcycle and yells at everyone calling them a SQUID for not wearing racing gear. He then runs 150+mph on the street making like he's safe because he's wearing leathers and a $600 helmet. All your doing is making a neater package for the EMS folks to pick up. What's meant to be will be. If you go down on the road at 150+, your gear might help you; might help keep you alive long enough to become a vegetable and a burden to your family. A lot of you folks that throw the insults around seem to be nice guys otherwise, so unless asked, how about keeping your opinions on that subject to yourself and quit forcing people to post negative posts. I know there are a lot of impressionable kids on the site, but calling them SQUID does nothing except force them into a tighter group.

I wouldn't attack one person in particular for it, but this SQUID crap does get old. Way too many folks love to throw that around. As I've said before and I'll say it again, a SQUID is the hypocrite/moron that buys the worlds fastest motorcycle and yells at everyone calling them a SQUID for not wearing racing gear. He then runs 150+mph on the street making like he's safe because he's wearing leathers and a $600 helmet. All your doing is making a neater package for the EMS folks to pick up. What's meant to be will be. If you go down on the road at 150+, your gear might help you; might help keep you alive long enough to become a vegetable and a burden to your family. A lot of you folks that throw the insults around seem to be nice guys otherwise, so unless asked, how about keeping your opinions on that subject to yourself and quit forcing people to post negative posts. I know there are a lot of impressionable kids on the site, but calling them SQUID does nothing except force them into a tighter group.
You are right, I should not have attacked him... Just sick of hearing the same old crap all the time. I ride in the middle of nowhere when I want to "Play" so the noise thing is for the most part a moot point as far as attracting attention.. When I am in town or populated areas, I ride the speed limit or close to it, and just try to cruise.. I don't want a ticket anymore than the next guy, and I definitely don't want the police following me around.
winkold.gif

Like I stated earlier, the sound from my bike is for me, as I think the AH on a busa engine puts out the sweetest sound there is... It is mean at high rpm's, and mellow at lower rpm's. Just the right combination as far as I am concerned...

naw no bible but if you look to say FL, they are physically 'banning" bikes from areas of town 100% or attempting to do so... wonder why that is? You need to assume that they have some kind of reason huh? you think that zipping around on a bike making 110db is a responsible act?

As far as a conformist?
thats a hoot... but ok I will accept that I in fact conform to social norms... no real reason to stand out without a good cause I figure..

I have raced for 30+ years and have stood over the top of a 6000hp hand grenade hundreds of times as it fires up... (time and a place for everything) and it probably makes a bit more noise than your motor scooter...

I feel there is a large difference between conformist and "responsible" bike rider however..

you want to be a "rebel" that is fine.. but do not complain as more and more of the "other conformists" get your riding privileges pruned away... (or at least do it at the track or where it does not bother others, many tracks are now requiring you meet noise limits FWIW)

Dang guess I am the only guy on the block that wants to continue to ride unobstructed by local ordinances...

I suppose if being a conformist keeps me from being an inconsiderate lout.. so be it..

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from and respect that you would not like those things but.....

As much as I would LOVE to go to a Track day, I can't afford it and they are too far away for me. If they were closer to Western MD I probably could afford it. I'm glad that you are able to do those things. I truly think that it is a better avenue to take but it's just not in the cards for me.

Also, my Busa is the only outlet from the structure of everyday life. And for that I love it. It changes colors, sounds, and speeds! I'm never bored of it! It keeps me sane in an insane way!

If my Busa is too loud, I apologise for the displeasure but it wil only last a second or two as I drive by.

we all have our own opinions
argue.gif
, however i do hope the original question was answered
beerchug.gif
. that is the reason for the forum
thumb_up.gif

Yes the original question was answered about 12 times. No straight pipes on a stock Busa, it is foolish and hurts performance. Want it lound keep the can but get Megaphone cans if you like it loud.

Here's mine. It has a small baffle inside but I'm thinking of installing a larger/longer baffle inside. I like the look without the can myself!
beerchug.gif

28.jpg

I have a pair of shorties that are baffled and they sound good, not too loud and I love the clean look.. As for them hurting performance, that's probably correct, which is the only reason Im considering putting my stocks back on until I can afford Brock's..

Guess Im a SQUID. Having exhaust that's a little louder is a great defensive tactic, haven't had a car pull out in front of me or not notice me since I put these pipes on. Yes, the FUZZ can hear me a little better also but the only place Im unsafe from cagers now is their blind spot, so Im happy.

I feel like this should only be a temporary, cheap fix until you can afford an Alien Head or something similar. Speaking from a little experience, Just my 2 cents
beerchug.gif

I think that if you like what you are doing to YOUR bike, that is all that matters. If you mod your bike to make it your own and as long as you like what you are riding, then that is all that matters. Some guys don't care about dragging their knee, or setting land speed records. They just want to ride and enjoy THEIR bike. I personally would never put anything on my bike that would hurt performance, in weight or hp. But that is MY bike and that is what I like. Just becasue I wouldn't put chrome on it at gun point doesn't mean that I don't appreciate a good chromed out busa. All that matters is that we like our own bikes and build them how we want them and just respect each other and each other's different tastes. So dude.... if you want straight pipes then go ahead and put 'em on.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back