Stock Chain/Case broken

OB_WARBIRD

Registered
Hey iz13 try to post your message again so we can read it. Are you in Kentucky? My friend Tom C. told me his friends chain broke and destroyed his case.

Thanks Johnnycheese. I'll go there now. Scary thought huh? With a motor like the 1300 proper maintenance on a chain is EXTRA important.

you bet. I hate to say it but I broke a Tsubaki on the track improper maitaince.
And I do this for a living.
I don't understand iz's it does not make sence.

Just back from Labusa site. That was some interesting reading. A guy I work with told me his friend's broke yesterday, don't know him so I can't vouge for his maintanence practices. However it is more common to see chains dry and improperly ajusted than the other way around. This is very bad news on a bike like the busa.[Im sure your well aware of this.] Everbody talks about going fast, top speed runs ect... Your wheels better be exactly in line and your chain properly ajusted as well as proper tire presures. These are bare minimum basics that knowbody seems to keep up with. How many dry batterys do you see every week in your shop Johnny?[Just more of the same thing.] People, READ your Suzuki shop manual. Do like it says. You will be glad you did. The engineers that designed this bike know what works best. Nice talking with you Johnnycheese.

When I was adjusting my cahin last night I noticed that the swingarm marks do not align the chain and sprockets properly. An out of alignment rear sprocket can put some weird stresses on a chain in a bike this size.

I use a Motion Pro chain alignment tool.

Yes I have seen dry batteries.But it is more like NO air in tires,
I have found a couple of marks off nothing out of the ordinary for mass produce bikes.

Tha alignment marks on my bus are pretty crude.After I get done with the chain I go to the back of the bike and sight down the length of the chain,look for any twists or misalignment.Ive heard about the tool from Pro motion,Is it accurate??

It does help. It consists of an extruded aluminum clamp that goes on the sprocket and has a piece of 5/32" drill rod about a foot long that sits on top of the chain and makes it easier to see the alignment.

Works OK.

Back