broken chains  HELP!!

Trust me I wish this was a bogus problem. I have also amazed the chain manufacturers, Suzuki dealers, Suzuki U.S.A., and plenty of the local shops, and gearheads around my area.
Right after starting this topic, I took some advice to stop the first gear clutch fan burnouts. I bought an EK gold series chain, and stretched it 3 swingarm lines in about 50-100 miles. Thats when I stopped the burnouts. I took a ride last weekend from Mass, to Canada about 700 miles round trip, and no adjustment was needed. After getting home, I did 2 or 3 burnouts, and sure enough the chain needed about 3/4 of an adjustment line. That must be the problem! I just don't understand how I can launch off the line, or do tons of wheelies, without stretching it at all, and then one burnout, it stretches 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch. Read the description i placed on 6/9 on how i did the burnouts, has anyone else done them this way with 200+ pounds on the bike?

There you go.....A launch..sliding the clutch...chain can handle that....roll on wheelies ..chain can handle that, without using the clutch ,top speed ...chain can handle that....
But dropping the clutch at max rev's while rolling is maybe too much strain...................The Busa is badazz..without crazy clutch "dropping" mellow out abit.....hope it works out for you..let us know....PaceM.

FINALLY!!!! Problem seems to be solved. I have put almost 1000 on the most recent chain, without doing those rolling burnouts, I haven't even adjusted it except for the first few times, when I was still doing them. Thanks very much whoever it was that said that might be the problem. I really miss those burnouts, but it's well worth it. Thanks everyone for all the help!!!

how do you afford tires?
laugh.gif

FORGET ABOUT TIRES!! I WAS BREAKING CHAINS EVERY 500 MILES. THATS A HELL OF A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE THEN TIRES. NEVER MIND ALL THE DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE WHIPPING CHAIN WHEN IT BREAKS!

you can still do burn outs...just start the burnout from a stand still...and if you want to roll with it, just let of the brake. buy the way...i had a friend that weighed 320 lbs. i let him drag race my bike a few weekends....at the time i had a 44t rear sprocket. one day i wanted to change it back to the 40 tooth. when i tried to put it back on, the chain had strectched so much that the 40 wouldnt fit anymore. (axle was at the very back of swingarm and still had 2 in of slack left)

Back