Stock chain - what brand is it?

justin726

Registered
I tried searching, but couldn't come up with anything.

I'm getting a nearly new stock chain off of a '06 Busa from a friend of mine. I'm needing to know what brand of chain these stock chains are. My local Honda shop needs to know so they can order me the right master link to go with the chain. The brand and even a model # would be great to know. Thanks in advance.

If I'm not mistaking, I think it's an RK chain. Don't quote me, but I'm almost positive. But in all honesty, I wouldn't replace the stock chain with another stock chain. I would go with a D.I.D. x-ring chain if I were you. Has 10,200lbs of tensile strength, and comes pre-stretched from the factory. I haven't adjusted my chain in almost two years.

Now other members might suggest a Regina or something else, but the x-ring chain has some benefits over the standard o-ring chain.

or tsubaki chain is a good choice there...bit pricey
sad.gif

I had to replace the master link in my 06 chain when switching out the swingarm.. It is made by RK and you will need a pressed on master link. I had to have the shop put mine on because I diddn't have the tool to press the link on. It's not a clip like most are.

I had to replace the master link in my 06 chain when switching out the swingarm.. It is made by RK and you will need a pressed on master link. I had to have the shop put mine on because I diddn't have the tool to press the link on. It's not a clip like most are.
Just contact Charles at Street-n-Track. He has all the tools you need... from chain breakers to chain presses. I purchased one a few years ago for less than 40 bucks that does both break and press. Fairly easy to do and will save you the cost of the shop charging ridiculous amounts to do something that even the armchair mechanic could do. Just my .02, but it could sometime be worth a million bucks.

Just contact Charles at Street-n-Track.  He has all the tools you need... from chain breakers to chain presses.  I purchased one a few years ago for less than 40 bucks that does both break and press.  Fairly easy to do and will save you the cost of the shop charging ridiculous amounts to do something that even the armchair mechanic could do.  Just my .02, but it could sometime be worth a million bucks.
Cool. I was going to call him today anyway about getting a chain tool. I guess I'll just ask him to send me a link too.

I'm going with a stock chain as a replacement because I'm getting it for free from a buddy that took it off his new bike shortly after he got it.

Thanks for everyone's help.

i use a clip link on my busa... no problems. well i lost a clip once but now i safety wired it on and life is good. as far as buying a master link.. just go to the dealer and ask for a regular 530 link... whatever they have.. make sure its an o-ring. they are all the exact same design pretty much, so you'll be alright. i ride like a complete ass at high rates of speed many times... and my shtis fine!

just go to the dealer and ask for a regular 530 link... whatever they have.. make sure its an o-ring. they are all the exact same design pretty much, so you'll be alright.
I went to the dealer and he said he needed to know the brand of chain to match the master link to. That's what made me ask the question here.

Back