My chain pop off and bust my motor caseing, lost oil and antifreez

Maybe, but it is not going to be cheap. It will have to be torn down to see the damage. You got the water pump, but the oil leakage is a sign of a broken case. Get it torn down and post up a picture.

Quality chains in great condition are a must have on these bikes.

Same thing happened with an old factory chain on my GSXR 1100 about 13 years ago. It cost me over $1200 for the repair (cracked crankcase where the chain slapped down over the shifter shaft). Expensive lesson learned. I am now more than happy to spend the money for a ZZZ chain.

if your cases are cracked..get a matched set to replace them. I have read where mix match cases can leak. You may be able to have them milled, but why go through the extra work?

You could pick up a used motor for a grand or 2 out of a salvage bike. Or by a wrecked bike and get of what you need then part out the rest.

time to pickup a new case. If it's a Gen1 then there's anough of them to pick one up at a decent price. Also invest in a billet sprocket cover. This may have helped prevent the water pump and case damage.

what sprocket cover is recommended? I searched ebay and they're $200+ for a decent one..

You may have gotten lucky like I did and just broken the shift shaft cover. It still cost me around $800 to fix after the chain, sprockets, slave, sprocket cover, etc.......

yup i had that happen to me on a ninja chain broke and busted a lot of crap up. Cost 1000 plus to fix.

get a gen 2 used motor and all the wire harnesses air box and throttle bodies...then enjoy the extra 40 ponies:laugh:

Back