F1 light and Oil light after installing Titanium Case Protector

SHIRO HAYABUSA

Registered
Hey guys,

Just installed the Schnitz Racing titanium ring as added insurance for any potential kick backs. I followed verbatim a good write up here on the org , https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-mods/63712-titanium-case-protector.html

Now engine won't turn over and the oil and F1 lights have come to life. I did have some oil dribble out when I open the case but after putting everything back together. The level is still full. As far as the F1 light the manual suggests: several types of malfunction. I'm thinking it's the gear position switch but that's just my novice opinion. I don't have a voltometer or any idea how to hook up the ecu and figure which code the F1 falls under. Any help would be appreciated.

shiro

nothing.....I know I'm being unpatient but I'm so close to finally getting her off the stands and going for a ride. A years too long to wait. Someone throw something out there. I don't care if you make it up.

did you put the gears back on in the right order?? ... it looks like such a straight forward job i don't see how anything went wrong...

SleeveImg_2278.jpg

yep all installed in the correct order, however, my titanium ring didn't go on "flush" it sticks out ever so slightly. In fact, in getting it on there I flattened it out a little bit make a little edge on the outside of the ring. If that makes any sense. Some gears were turned during the process but I didn't think that would affect anything. If you think pics will help I'll go take it apart before dawn and snap a few, but I'm at a loss for oil light and F1. This has got me seriously reconsidering this D*&! bike. I think I'll sale it and get one that's ready to ride. I've been fixing and breaking and refixing this thing for WAY too long.

Wohhhhh, "Washer, Gears, then wave washer"? If there is a washer before the gears I never saw that during disassembly. ??????

I'm not sure how to do that.

Yes there is a washer behind the idle gear. Be back with pics in 10 miinutes.

shiro

Plug under seat next to battery. You can do it like above or remove to cap for easier access to wire. Jump the wire and an error code will display on your gauge pod. This will tell you exactly what is throwing the code.

wire jump.JPG

I'm not sure how to do that.

Yes there is a washer behind the idle gear. Be back with pics in 10 miinutes.

shiro

Jump the black/white and red/white wires in the white plugged cap under the driver's seat. The key must be on, and it doesn't matter if the bike is running.
That is dealer mode(it is safe to do this) The code will be displayed as "C" and a 2 digit number on the dash. C00 means no codes, any other number can be referenced here.

Blanca's slippin:laugh:

wire%20jump.JPG

Jump the black/white and red/white wires in the white plugged cap under the driver's seat. The key must be on, and it doesn't matter if the bike is running.
That is dealer mode(it is safe to do this) The code will be displayed as "C" and a 2 digit number on the dash. C00 means no codes, any other number can be referenced here.

Blanca's slippin:laugh:

At least I use my own pics, thief...:poke::laugh:

Lmao I needed that. FYI the inner edge of the case is really really SHARP. I now have an exposed pinky nuckle. I sliced it trying to remove the one of the sleeves. I think I put the sleeves on in different locations. I bring further questions after re-disassembling.

In one of the pics I put the sleeves, washers and gears in order. My question is, are the sleeves with the correct gears? I must have swapped them when they fell out. Also I tried to take some pics of the gears showing how much overlap I have and if this is an issue.

Blanca, thanks for the explanation be right back with your answer.

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

no such luck with the code thing. My plug only have 2 of the four wires. It has the white w\ red and the black w/ white. I put the end of a wire in each end turn on the ignition and nothing happened. Does it matter any that my speed sensor is probably out?

nevermind the speed sensor or any of that. I got the code thing to register and it gave me "-C00" and the F1 light is no longer on....?? ?????? I've changed nothing but disassemble everything for the titanium ring and the oil light is still on.

Let's see...you did the mod and then when you were done...you tried to start the bike?

It would not start AND the FI light and the oil light were on...correct?
Posted via Mobile Device

maybe the idler gear isn't seated all the way and it's binding up against the cover when you tightened it down. You mentioned the sleeve didn't seat flush with the post...is it like 1/64" sticking out, or closer to 1/8"?
Is there a clicking from the relay when you hit the starter?

Let's see...you did the mod and then when you were done...you tried to start the bike?

It would not start AND the FI light and the oil light were on...correct?
Posted via Mobile Device

Correct.

I then dissassembled as if installing the mod....

Did the ecu trick which gave me a code of "-C00" and the F1 light was no longer lit...

the oil light is still lit and still not turning over....

Try this...key on, kill switch to run position, trans in neutral, pull in clutch lever, push the start button...
Posted via Mobile Device

Back