F1 light and Oil light after installing Titanium Case Protector

maybe the idler gear isn't seated all the way and it's binding up against the cover when you tightened it down. You mentioned the sleeve didn't seat flush with the post...is it like 1/64" sticking out, or closer to 1/8"?
Is there a clicking from the relay when you hit the starter?

Yes relay is clicking and it sticks out 1/64 or 1 mm. I think part of the problem with the seating all the way is the titanium ring got a little flattened when I tried to made it flush. I guess it won't go on anymore...???

Correct.

I then dissassembled as if installing the mod....

Did the ecu trick which gave me a code of "-C00" and the F1 light was no longer lit...

the oil light is still lit and still not turning over....

It's either in gear with the side stand down...or the kill switch is in the off position.

That will cause a no start and the lights to be on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Try this...key on, kill switch to run position, trans in neutral, pull in clutch lever, push the start button...
Posted via Mobile Device

Huh, trying to be funny? Am I missing something here?

Again, all the pics I uploaded are all turned 1 turn counter clockwise.

Huh, trying to be funny? Am I missing something here?

Again, all the pics I uploaded are all turned 1 turn counter clockwise.

No...just double check the kill switch position, and make sure the bike is in neutral .
Posted via Mobile Device

nevermind the speed sensor or any of that. I got the code thing to register and it gave me "-C00" and the F1 light is no longer on....?? ?????? I've changed nothing but disassemble everything for the titanium ring and the oil light is still on.

C00 is no code. Make sure you have wire contacting wires in plug.

Thanks guys it was just the side stand switch was stuck while the side stand was up. However when It turned over it's obvious I did something wrong when reassembling the idle gear and cases. Nothing but a spinning noise. Nevertheless, thanks for the help with such a simple problem. yea I forgot the neutral part. Thankfully nothing bad happened. I do have to take it all apart though. I messed up somewhere.

Thanks guys it was just the side stand switch was stuck while the side stand was up. However when It turned over it's obvious I did something wrong when reassembling the idle gear and cases. Nothing but a spinning noise. Nevertheless, thanks for the help with such a simple problem.

Told ya...side stand or kill switch...

Your Welcome!
Posted via Mobile Device

Told ya...side stand or kill switch...

Your Welcome!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you. Fingers crossed I don't mess anything thing up with this idle gear crap.

Ohh in one or two of my pics previously posted there are what seem to be cracks on the crank case. Are they cracks or casting marks?

Looked like a casting mark...you might have to replace the Ti ring if it won't fit right...you kinda beat the hell out of it...
Posted via Mobile Device

Looked like a casting mark...you might have to replace the Ti ring if it won't fit right...you kinda beat the hell out of it...
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL sucker wouldnt go on. If it doesn't fit... hit it harder....I'm starting to lose patience with this thing. I've be fixing/breaking stuff since last March. I've rode it once since then and that was only 20 miles or so. It's wearing me down.

Can you even get the ring off? I don't see how you could do that?

Maybe you outta put the tools down for today lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

did you disconnect the wire on the oil pressure switch? Check and make sure the wire is tightly connected.

Yep C00 means no code or no problem so it seems it was something easy .
Glad you got it figured out.
Nice job Ba :beerchug:

well I see this one was corrected:thumbsup:
Amazing how you can fix bikes through the internet:laugh:

???

He found the problem brudda.
Posted via Mobile Device

well I see this one was corrected:thumbsup:
Amazing how you can fix bikes through the internet:laugh:
Still strugglin' :( :(
I know it's been a few weeks I just can't find the time to get her straightened out and rideable. The original problems (F1 light and oil light) were fixed and I thought I had corrected the starting problem, which was the stand switch, BUT engine isn't fully turning over when in neutral. Earlier in this thread like 2 weeks ago BA BUSA helped me to get it to start. When I started it at that time I didn't put it in neutral and heard an off sound when engine turned over. I assumed it was the idle gear. I disassembled everything (4th time) and made sure gears were seated well and all was in correct order. In my novice opinion, everything looks/looked great. I buttoned everything up and go to start it....the engine tries to turn over but it sounds like something is keeping it from turning over????????? My first thought was the battery so I went out and bought one of those, charged it, and turning over but struggling to do so. If the case bolts were torqued too much would they keep it from turning over? Any knowledgeable Orgsters close enough to Northeast Tennessee to come have a look? I'd happily pay you for your time and gas.

Back