Fi light after quick shifter install

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
So I've searched and found a few old threads with the same issue but most seem to say they uploaded a patch and still had the issue. Buddy of mine has a 2019 busa he took it to the shop and had a power commander 5 installed then a couple weeks later had a dyno jet quick shifter installed by the same shop. His bike is stock with just slip ons and is running the stock bike map on the pc5 but after the shifter was installed when you shift thru the gears it trips the fi light. The shop told him if he got the ecu flashed was the only way to fix the issue I'm just wondering if anyone has had this issue and how they might of fixed it. I don't have much experience with the pc5 but definitely willing to give it a go. Thanks for any help

getting your ecu flashed is never a bad idea. Aside from changing the map for my exhaust it made it a much smoother ride by having the secondaries open up much more aggressively, which smoothed acceleration a lot. It did enough for my 2018 that I passed on the pc5. I also went with a quick shifter from healtech which has been phenomenal and allows very easy fine tuning or even disabling from your phone. It’s another option for ya, that’s cheaper and had less stuff to go wrong.

I have a Bazzaz. It connects inline with teh stick coil wires like I'm sure your quickshifter does. After installing, I got an FI alert on the dash display. I did the jumper wire trick to read the code and it was ignition. I rode the bike around the block very slow with the code and I couldn't tell any difference in power. It also idled fine. Bazzaz told me to check the contacts in the connectors because the contacts are know to not match up perfectly on busa. You almost cant tell the male pin is bent looking right at it. I gave it a very close look and discovered one pin just barely leaning off straight. I would never have noticed had I not been looking for it. I bent it back a bit with a micro screwdriver and plugged it back up. Code gone.

I have pics if you want to see. Let me know.

Is PCV updated with current software? Many are new old stock ,and unless it was bought fro Dyno jet direct it probably needs a update .
Easy to do . Create a account on dyno jet. Download software update ,and map files .

getting your ecu flashed is never a bad idea. Aside from changing the map for my exhaust it made it a much smoother ride by having the secondaries open up much more aggressively, which smoothed acceleration a lot. It did enough for my 2018 that I passed on the pc5. I also went with a quick shifter from healtech which has been phenomenal and allows very easy fine tuning or even disabling from your phone. It’s another option for ya, that’s cheaper and had less stuff to go wrong.
My ecu is flashed and will be tuned thru the ecu but not knowing anything about bikes since this is my buddy's first bike he ran out and bought a pc5 of listening to a bunch of guys that have no idea what they're taking about. I still plan on having him get his flashed and thinking of getting him to sell the whole power commander setup and get it tuned thru the ecu and put a healtech quick shifter on. I just don't see his issue with the fi light being caused by the ecu needing flashed but was trying to get this confirmed.

I have a Bazzaz. It connects inline with teh stick coil wires like I'm sure your quickshifter does. After installing, I got an FI alert on the dash display. I did the jumper wire trick to read the code and it was ignition. I rode the bike around the block very slow with the code and I couldn't tell any difference in power. It also idled fine. Bazzaz told me to check the contacts in the connectors because the contacts are know to not match up perfectly on busa. You almost cant tell the male pin is bent looking right at it. I gave it a very close look and discovered one pin just barely leaning off straight. I would never have noticed had I not been looking for it. I bent it back a bit with a micro screwdriver and plugged it back up. Code gone.

I have pics if you want to see. Let me know.
I think I remember reading about you having that issue, if you don't mind I would like to see the pics.

Is PCV updated with current software? Many are new old stock ,and unless it was bought fro Dyno jet direct it probably needs a update .
Easy to do . Create a account on dyno jet. Download software update ,and map files .
I was thinking about that, the bike will be coming for some tires in the next few days so I'll go thru and check while it's here.

@Dopey here is the thread I started when I had an FI code. There is info about reading the code. Pics of the bent pin are on p2. I don't know if you can even tell from the pic. I remember it was very slight but if you're looking for it very closely, you should see it.

Idk why I didn't pick your brain when u answered originally but I'm curious if your healtech have you any issues with the fi light coming on? Also i know i read that on some bikes you can use their setup for downshifting as well have you had any luck or tried the downshifting since u installed it?

Idk why I didn't pick your brain when u answered originally but I'm curious if your healtech have you any issues with the fi light coming on? Also i know i read that on some bikes you can use their setup for downshifting as well have you had any luck or tried the downshifting since u installed it?
Hey man, got your dm. Yea, it wires directly into the coils. Super simple install, took about 45 min to do the whole thing... If you're not a goober like me or have aftermarket restarts that require modification to get the sensor ring to work. I also heard you can set it up for downshifting as well, but I never messed with it, all I wanted was the upshift. I can be set for gp style shifting though. And I've never gotten an f1 light, so there's that. The app you get on your phone to fine tune your kill times and such is super simple and intuitive. Of all the mods I've done to the ole girl, I can honestly say the quick shifter has been my single most appreciated one.

Hey man, got your dm. Yea, it wires directly into the coils. Super simple install, took about 45 min to do the whole thing... If you're not a goober like me or have aftermarket restarts that require modification to get the sensor ring to work. I also heard you can set it up for downshifting as well, but I never messed with it, all I wanted was the upshift. I can be set for gp style shifting though. And I've never gotten an f1 light, so there's that. The app you get on your phone to fine tune your kill times and such is super simple and intuitive. Of all the mods I've done to the ole girl, I can honestly say the quick shifter has been my single most appreciated one.
Very much appreciated sir I think I'll go ahead and order one. :thumbsup:

Back