I think my motor is shot

Slammin

Registered
I hit a deer a few months back and am in the process of rebuilding my bike.....almost completely done....put new pipes on today and started the bike up (all thats left is the body). Let it run for a while and noticed that there is antifreeze dripping from a bolt underneath the stator cover. I think nothing of it, grab a 14 milimeter wrench and go to tighten it. I dont even get the wrench all the way around the bolt and the head shoots off hits me in the face and oil begins to spew out of my motor......quickly shut her down say a few choice words clean up the mess and now begin to pick up the pieces. After reexamining the hole, i realize its for a oil hose (i think) and it connects the oil pan to the head (i think).....I know I can take the bolt out and put a new one in, hell i may even have one laying around, but my concern is....why is there antifreeze leaking from that bolt and then it shoots oil at me.....there is cause for concern i think?

Also as I was running it (before this fiasco) antifreeze shot out from the number one exhaust hole. I shut it down quickly restarted it ran it for 15 minutes and couldnt get it to do it again. This may or may not be do to the fact that it was on its side when I was passed out after hitting the deer I dunno but I could not get it to do it again. But this may be the least of my worries

HELP PLEASE IM GOING NUTS

the antifreeze leak could be from somewhere else though....it was bright green and had no oil at all mixed in with it.....(on both leaks) but I can not find the leak at all and if its not leaking from that nut it has to be dripping right on to it as it looked like it was dripping from it

Beyond me brother, I'm sure the mechanics we be along shortly. Good luck.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Slamin shout at me man. I will hook up with ya and try to help you out with it. I am off work in the morning for the next couple of days till thursday night.

Ok also, you have 2 completely different problems here.
Oil problem first, the bolt that broke, is in front of the stator cover, and is connecting to a oil line to the cylinder head?
If so, you will need a easyout, and obtain a new Banjo bolt for the oil line!

I got the bolt out with needle nose....going to motorcycle shop today for bolt.....put it back together and figure out why was leaking from it.....it was fresh and clean so not mixing with oil so thats a plus

Back