Stock Can Value

TheEarthdog

Donating Member
Registered
My dealer damaged one of my can on my New LE. He has agreed to compensate me towards a new exhaust. What should I expect him to give me off for the can.

I have decided on HMF Carbon High Mounts.

retail cost for a stock can......I gotta bet its a few hundred bucks....any shop guys looking?? TedBiele....JohnnyCheese....

used stock can on hayabusa.org..... $10.00
dealer promising to compensate for new exhaust..... priceless!
biggrin.gif

since I had a little get off last month, I had the opportunity to price a few items....one of which was a new can. Can't remember exactly, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 550.00 to 600.00 bucks....for ONE can.

Yea, no kidding!

Don't let them shortchange ya!!!

what you oughta do is call in to the parts dept and just ask how much one is......they'll surely give you retail.

that way, you have solid info to negotiate with. If it is a reputable dlr, it'll work out fine. Just always pays to know the facts.:;):

What MJN said, those things are expensive. The retail price is about 500 bucks

eh.. personally I'd just tell em' to hook up at whatever exhaust/goodies you want at 5% over cost or something... and if they'd install the exhaust.. well just peaches...

they are doing the right thing.. voluntarily even! Don't rape them into not wanting to do it the next time it happens.

My dealer damaged one of my can on my New LE. He has agreed to compensate me towards a new exhaust. What should I expect him to give me off for the can.

I have decided on HMF Carbon High Mounts.
I'm hoping that all the "Dealers" all the "STEALERSHIPS" just all go out of bizness one day....

'cause of people like you....

yup...he fugged up. He put a scratch on yer ride.

what did yer last fug up cost you ...finacially speaking ?

He scratched yer stock can....and now he has to pay.

Hopefully he just doesn't say "Fug It" and quit. An' sell the stealership to some ##### who'll tell you to go get fugged...

"That Scratch Was Already There".

yup...he made a mistake....

hopefully, you can both settle on whats just, an' true.

You would have to pay me to take stock cans into my garage  
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
why...

because of their dependability...
                        long-life....
                         or good looks...
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
sarcasm....  just in case you didn't figure it out....
I still don't want one of those heavy/ugly cans near me
biggrin.gif

But hey, if you like the heavy ugly ones, more power to ya!!

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

You would have to pay me to take stock cans into my garage  
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
why...

because of their dependability...
                        long-life....
                         or good looks...
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
sarcasm....  just in case you didn't figure it out....
I still don't want one of those heavy/ugly cans near me  
biggrin.gif

But hey, if you like the heavy ugly ones, more power to ya!!

tounge.gif
big heavy ugly ones....

yum yum
drooling3.gif

.... http://www.thetravisty.com/In_Living_Color.php?FN=Baby_Got_Snacks.wmv

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

HOPEFULLY IN TIME TO ANSWER THE QUESTION. YOUR STOCK CANS RUN ABOUT $422 PER CAN. CHECK ANOTHER "STEALERSHIP" AS IT WAS WELL PUT. I WANTED TO REPLACE MY 01 CANS FOR NEW STOCK A WHILE BACK AND GOT THE PRICING FROM BIKEBANDIT.COM GOOD LUCK!!

If you are getting new HMF's just tell your deraler you will take it out in service or parts and get what you can.

ask em to install and set up your new exhaust if you buy the parts, that way he wont be out material, and can write off the labor he'll be happier and more obliged to do you right the next time you see him.

Back