Stock 08 Can Polish?

Thanks for all the feedback
I wanted to ride my machine essentially stock for a while (year or so) This is the first sport bike and wanted to put it through the motions to see what it would do. There is a drag/track day here in Sacramento once a week and I am going to check it out---check out the techniche--and eventually get the balls (and the requisite gear) to make a few passes on my stocker. Only then can I tell the diff. between the B stones and something stickier--the gain from stock exhaust and filter to the various upgrade options.
Contrary to the polishing-I lean more toward the "flat black" and "powder coated" look for my eventual setup. Has anyone powder coated black over the gold without stripping down all the way prior to coating? Iv'e got some input that it would be best to strip/and polish and THEN powdercoat black (rims for I am speaking)--Obviously I would rathere forgoe the stripping and pollishing the rims if more powder could just be baked on over the gold and still look spiffy and Jim Dandy.
AAAAnyway--those with black rims that have changed them to be so__please chime in with you experience and infinite knowlage on this subject

gatormail01.jpg

Back