Low Budget Busa update..

(soon2be @ Mar. 10 2007,22:29) Nice picture over the door.
+1
smile.gif

I wish you would have said something about what a pain in the AZZ it is to strip those wheels
tounge.gif
 I had some free time on my hands today so I thought what the heck, my rims were looking a little rough around the edges, I'll do what Doyle did. I got the rear finished in about 3 hrs and said enough for today, I left the machined finish and used a little metal polish before putting a coat of wax on it. Just when I thought I was done with the mods for the winter you had to come along with this post, thanks.
poke.gif

jump9.gif

DSC03762.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

DSC03766.jpg

(jjmetheny @ Mar. 14 2007,21:51) I used Aircraft Paint Stripper found at the local auto parts store.
Hey JJ this mod is a major pain in the azz to do..
laugh.gif

And plus 1 on the airplane stripper
wink.gif

Can't wait to hook up you this summer..
cool.gif

Your wheels do look sweet though.. I havn't polished mine yet.. Chris (GSXTacy) dropped mine off at the local dealer to have tires mounted today.. We will be in Friday to do a little bit more to her.. Will have another update friday evening.. Lots of good things going on in the shop..

(DR1300R @ Mar. 14 2007,22:34) Your wheels do look sweet though.. I havn't polished mine yet..
So you're going to polish them? I thought about it for 30 seconds before I said screw it and just buffed them good with a metal polish like Mothers or Never-Dull. I was pretty happy with how they came out.

(DR1300R @ Mar. 14 2007,22:34) Will have another update friday evening.. Lots of good things going on in the shop..
Good deal, I'm looking forward to seeing what you are doing with her.

(jjmetheny @ Mar. 14 2007,23:28)
(DR1300R @ Mar. 14 2007,22:34) Your wheels do look sweet though.. I havn't polished mine yet..
So you're going to polish them? I thought about it for 30 seconds before I said screw it and just buffed them good with a metal polish like Mothers or Never-Dull. I was pretty happy with how they came out.

(DR1300R @ Mar. 14 2007,22:34) Will have another update friday evening.. Lots of good things going on in the shop..
Good deal, I'm looking forward to seeing what you are doing with her.
No you misundrstood me I said I was going to drop them off to you so you could polish them..
jump9.gif

Back